Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
The aim is stop being tired, not waking up tired and stop constantly waking up during the night.
KeepSmiling’s Book1, Respironics REMstar Auto M Series with CFlex ended when, after over 15 loyal years, suddenly the message “Service Required” showed up.
Book 2:  Prologue
Over a month was spent becoming familiar with EPR on an old Resmed Elite 9.  Once EPR was on, it took time to find a good pressure, 18 cm.  Since pressure was more than 15 cm, I decided to go with a bi-level.  I had to get a new prescription.  Searched bi-levels. and ordered a
Chapter1- Condensed Edition
My new, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto arrived.   Using OSCAR data with EPR off,  I set the Ti Min  and  Ti Max based on 15 breaths (BPM).  I/E = 1.33 so that matched up manual as well.
I started doubting the pressure of 18 cm from Elite 9 so I used the data of the REMstar Auto to come up with a EPAP.  Put a lower number the pressure that showed no obstructive apnea, just in case the value of pressure was not accurate.
Ti Min  1
Ti Max  2
EPAP  9.6
IPAP  23.0
PS 4
Last night, after dark, when setting data on my VAuto, the home button light gave me a migraine. I bee lined it to get into the dark.[/size]
When I put my mask on, I immediately noticed I was not as out of sync breathing with the VAuto as with the Elite 9 on EPR of 3.  My mask did not want to cooperate with me.  I started on side, not comfortable and went on my back.  I woke up once with leak noise. 
I woke up at least 3 times before wakeup time: 2:0 something, I checked.  Another time, which I peeked out of mask, around 6:30, then around 8am. I turned to my side, but as usual I found myself on my back. 

I woke up without being foggy.  I did have some bloating, and air pain.  I was surprised.  I am not going to say it is the machine yet.   I did not feel extreme fatigue. But within two hours I felt tired.

And now I will look at my OSCAR scan. (The RESMED SD card is 4 GB, (FAT 32))

I thought this would be easy.

I am Shocked:  I am not used to seeing many CAs.
Clear Airway  48 events (some 20 seconds long).
Hypopnea 5 events
I thinking of changing EPAP to 10.6 -11. 
Question can someone get Centrals because of lowing pressure?

I posted overview of last night of VAuto and two of Resmed Elite 9 (pressure of 18 cm EPR 3 and 12.2 cm EPR 0

I took a few screen shots of CA.  Some may be while awake. I can post those.
What graphs are needed to help me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
Oops do not know what happened, here is last night's OSCAR that I thought I posted.

plus more shots.

I would love to know what went wrong.  The only thing I can think of is that the ResMed Elite 9 was much lower then  what was recorded.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chapter 2

Even though, within hours of waking up, I felt drain.  I can't believe how clear my head feels when I got up.

I woke up a few times.  Once I even realized I was dreaming. Breathing calmly, 
I know it will be a work in progress, with the PS will require some work.  (Not as bad as with EPR)

I made some adjustments last night and OSCAR looks extremely better. 
No centrals.
AHI 0.77 from AHI 7.14 (5+ from central) night before.

Ti Min  1
Ti Max  2
EPAP  9.6 
IPAP  23.0
PS 4

To:
Ti Min  1
Ti Max  2
EPAP  10.6 
IPAP  20.0
PS 5
Trigger Control Very very high
Cycle (factory set) Medium. 

I will increase EPAP by 1 cm.  

Other than that I would not know what to touch.

Post Reply Post Reply
Chapter 3,

Tossed a lot, woke up many times,  calm myself to relax and breath.  I know I and had dreamt.  Feeling foggy this morning and drained.  I realized  I had not put the weighted vest on top of torso last night.

Now to look at OSCAR.

Post Reply Post Reply
With your AHI under 1 and flow limitations negligible, I would suggest just sticking with your settings for a while. As your mention of the weighted vest suggests, many factors can influence how rested or sleepy you feel the next day. You might want to jot a few notes every day about how you feel during the day and what variables may be at work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo,

Thanks.

I am taking notes. It is something I suggest sometimes. Numbers do not tell the whole story.

My goal is to sleep with a few wakes up as possible. I think my body has started to fight back from years of lack of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just so you know: it's fairly common to wake up briefly after a period of REM sleep. If you fall right back to sleep, this is pretty harmless. You're not losing much total sleep time, and you're not messing up your sleep architecture (the succession of sleep stages throughout the night).
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo,

I don't know what briefly is.

When I started using EPR, I had less wake ups, but much harder to fall back asleep.
It is better with the VAuto, but I still feel I need to pace my breathing with the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chapter 4,

Last night I increased the PS by 1 cm so the IPAP could be highter, for flow limitations.  Was not sure of I should increase EPAP. I used the weighted vest.  I felt like did not wake up as often.  Feel like I slept deeper.  Feel clearer headed then yesterday morning.  

I will increase the  EPAP by 1 cm to 12.6
I will decrease the PS by 1 cm back to 5, so IPAP will stay at 17,6 cm minimum.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see anything in your data that justifies using a Ti Min of 1-second. Set it to default of 0.3 because you are a spontaneous breather, and that setting can sometimes be disruptive. Certainly not a big deal, but you don't need the machine to control that aspect of respiration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,503 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.