Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
RE: KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
Please follow Sleeprider's suggestion. By "brief," I mean a minute or two. -- But I'm so glad to hear you had a better night, and I hope you'll be having many more.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

OK Ti = 0.3 s.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo,

Thanks. [By "brief," I mean a minute or two.] that sounds so long to me.

Of course, I will follow Sleeprider's suggestion.

I think the AirCurve 10 can be a powerful machine with many adjustments to great a therapy. It may be daunting but it will help.

I remember years ago when my mask came out, some gave up having to choose the cushion size, the right nares size and height and adjust them. But once done right it is good for awhile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chapter 5

Last night, I had to work at syncing my breathing to the VAuto.  It felt like I had to rush to inhale, before exhaling.  I had a lot of wake ups, disjointed dreams.

I woke up very tired, not able to think, groggy but not foggy.  I had some leakage, but I do not think it was enough for the way I felt.  I realized that I do not remember if I had to sync my breathing or stay awake for along time each time. 

Spont Cyc
1 week -- 93.0%
1 day --   97.0%

I feel like the inspiration decreased.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Rather than increase Ti Min, try setting cycle sensitivity to low.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

OK, I am reposting the settings.

Ti Min 0.3s
Ti Max 2s
EPAP 12.6
IPAP 20.0
PS 5
Trigger Control Very very high
Cycle (factory set) Medium. ---- change to low.

I am surprised, I was thinking the "Cycle" would need to be increased, to make the flow more towards a sine wave. I am probably all wrong, low cycle probably means more time to exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
The cycle sensitivity affects how quickly the machine cycles from IPAP to EPAP. Your complaint seemed to be that you felt rushed to complete a breath (inspiration), however your chart shows a maximum inspiration time of 1.68 seconds. Rather than set a minimum time for IPAP or inspiration, this just makes it less likely the machine will cycle to EPAP until you're ready. Longehir Ti Max is not going to hurt anything, but is unlikely to have any effect because your inspiration time is consistently shorter than your current setting of 2.0 seconds.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, Got it.
Post Reply Post Reply
keepsmiling, I made an edit above for clarification you may want to read.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks, I reread your post.

I will post data from the VAuto and ask questions. It will take a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 312 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 861 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 571 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,516 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.