Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
RE: KeepSmiling’s Book 2, ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto Adventure/Treatment
Chapter 6,

I used a smaller cushion(SM). It felt tight, but it did not leak as much as the (MD).  I will see how it goes.

I went on my back early.  I did not sleep well. Many wake ups.  Took time to fall asleep.   Did not feel as good yesterday morning.

Debating between increasing PS which I was thinking of doing last night or leaving things as they  stand.

I included close up of the events.  I am curious if I was wake for the events.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In chart 1, all 3 OA events show arousal before the event, inshale and breath-hold. This looks to be turning onto your side or back, not spontaneous obstruction. The hypopnea is flow-limited and likely obstruction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lost my post,  will type again.
--------

Thanks Sleeprider

I can notice the obvious awakes that appear taller on flow rate.  That is about it.

--------

Chapter 7,

It has been a week with my new AirCurve 10 VAuto.  I am very glad it occurred to me to purchase a bi-level.  I believe the VAuto will improve my sleep and rest more then a auto cpap.  

Last night, I increased:

EPAP       PS

Mon     12.6        5.0

Tue     13.0         6.0

I did not sleep well, some of that may be because I dozed at bedtime.  I was surprised I did not wake up right away.

I remember a few times telling my self to breath. Not as many dream memories.

The Sync Cyc went down to 95% from 3 nights of 97%

Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up with a migraine again, so I have not been on computer much.

Will up date soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's worth making smaller changes at this stage. Both PS and pressure can be changed in 0.2 cm increments. There is no need to go from 5.0 to 6.0 PS all at once.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,

Thanks,

I am wondering about that. I had not put the SD card in.

I had increased PS the night before, I lowered it again the next day. Now wondering if if should increase PS or EPAP.

I am going to figure it out eventually and staying positive.

I am keeping stuff the same for a couple of days since last night OSCAR looked ok. I did take a migraine med today, and the blurry vision is better now.

Now I need to figure out settings for another AirCurve 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Chapter 13, Mon Nov 14

I thought I slept deeper without many wake ups, a bit foggy.  Eye pulled a bit in the bright light.

I was surprised at the clusters of events  I spend most of my time on my back.  The only thing I did last night was switch back to standard.

There is a small break in I cant explain.  (3AM)

I included Sunday's OSCAR as well.  The large break is me. The smaller one, I cant explain.  I started on my back.

The pressure has been the same since the 9th.  AHI for OA >1.  The only time AHI went over one was the first night on the VAuto and EPAP was at 9.6 cm

Not sure if I should increase EPAP/PS or wait.  I know I need to increase IPAP since I maxed out at 20 cm and been skimming at it for awhile.

Post Reply Post Reply
Your patterns of OAs, Hs, and flow limitations strongly suggest a positional element to your respiratory problems. I haven't looked back through the thread, but if you haven't considered using a soft cervical collar during the night, now would be the time. More here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo,

I thought chin tuck, but that surprised me since I have not seen it in over two months of monitoring with OSCAR. Then I started wondering since it got colder if I tuck my body.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dormeo, 

Thanks for the link.

I expanded the events.  The first one did not look like the link because there was no flow.  Some of the events had similar looking flow rate peaks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 49 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 857 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 120 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,500 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.