Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Keeping CPAP Clean
RE: Keeping CPAP Clean
It’s acidic and dissolves mineral deposits caused by hard water
Post Reply Post Reply
I appreciate your response. It is always nice to have advice that is backed by evidence and and knowledge. That is all I need to know to not buy it. These companies like to use scare tactics to get you to purchase their items. I purchased an ozone air cleaner a few years back and all the rubber bands that were in a back near it lost their elasticity. I no longer use the machine due to some of what you said above. 

Thanks,

David
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the only reason that people get away with selling products that use ozone is that it's "natural", a naturally occurring gas.

But it's classified as a pollutant by the EPA. The Canadians have issued what is IMO a quite startling comment on it:

"Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs. The severity of injury depends on both by the concentration of ozone and the duration of exposure. Severe and permanent lung injury or death could result from even a very short-term exposure to relatively low concentrations."

That's not something I want in my bedroom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone#Health_effects
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 451 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
Question Mother's ResMed Astral 150 not keeping oxygen level high enough/what should I ask? Helena 4 514 12-13-2023, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Suggestions on how to clean a Resmed S10 motor? texquad 5 919 09-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Advice on how to clean F20 Airtouch? raptosnorus 4 726 06-30-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Self confessed CPAP hater trying CPAP again. How do you clean your CPAP? dorlow 10 1,040 03-07-2023, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment? WWu777 24 3,740 03-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.