Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kemair's treatment
Kemair's treatment
Hello everyone,

I've had my CPAP machine for about 2 years now. While I've seen a huge improvement in daily energy and motivation, its clear to me that I can still improve my sleep as I wake up every day feeling groggy and feeling like my nervous system has been punched in the face. Let me know what you guys think I can tweak with the screenshots below. I've picked that week of May because I've had some disruption to my schedule for the last little while.

After I did my machine trial and sleep studies my doctor had my machine set to a continuous pressure of 7, from what I can remember that was simply an average of the required pressure which ranged from a 6ish to about maybe an 8. Not sure if this is the ideal practice, but you guys can let me know.

Thanks everyone!  Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kemair's treatment
Hi kemair! Welcome

Looking pretty good! You evidently read the instructions. Your screenshot displays are textbook!

I see that you are having some hypopneas. These look like a sleeping position occurrence, since they are not evenly spread out through the night. This could be from sleeping on your back or chin tucking. You could probably reduce these by increasing your pressure to 8 cm. A 1 cm increase should be low enough where you probably won't notice the pressure difference.

Now, the bottom line: How do you feel?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kemair's treatment
Agree with CN.  Keep it simple.  Go slow.

Also read through this. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy

Sometime fixed pressure is good sometimes not optimal.  To find the best pressure maybe set a narrow range like 6-10. 

Things I see
Ramp is still on.  OR Ramp time is very long.  
   You should be used to the pressure so I would decrease the time to 15 or turn it off.

I don't see C flex on. I would turn that on and set it at 2.

Like CN said tell us how you feel.  Like are you awake all day and feeling good..  Do you get tired as the day goes on.  Keep notes if you must.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 58 03-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 123 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 284 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 200 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,061 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 585 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.