Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kermit has SA
RE: Kermit has SA
I wonder if humans slept with head lower than the body would SA be eliminated or greatly improved?

Glad the word is getting out there about SA - so thank you Muppets!! Reaches a pretty wide audience so that's great. If it weren't for SA becoming a thing people are getting treated for much more commonly I might not have heard of it and would therefore have been put on meds for Cluster Headaches by my doc. It was I who asked to be tested for SA after he mentioned that.

Thanks Kermit and Miss Piggy!!

Thanks
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 08:02 AM)DocWils Wrote: They also snore. So do cats. Snoring is not just a human thing. It is possible, although it has not been tested, that apnoea is also not just a human thing, although it would be most prevalent and dangerous in humans, and the mechanisms for OSA might be different than in other animals.

Maybe that's why they don't live as long as we do.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 04:40 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 08:02 AM)DocWils Wrote: They also snore. So do cats. Snoring is not just a human thing. It is possible, although it has not been tested, that apnoea is also not just a human thing, although it would be most prevalent and dangerous in humans, and the mechanisms for OSA might be different than in other animals.

Maybe that's why they don't live as long as we do.

No, I don't think SA has such a profound effect in this regard. Other factors figure higher in wild animal mortality rates, and each creature has different life spans anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.