Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Keurig coffee machine
I talked to Keurig the other day about when the new Elite machine would hit the rewards catalog (gives 30% off if you use some of your points). The gal I was talking to asked if I was replacing my 2.0 machine or adding one. I told her I was replacing it and the reasons why - constant pressure messages, not reading a Keurig cup, and the replacement pod holder not always puncturing a cup (even theirs). I had called several times on some of these issues and she also thanked me for being a long time owner.

She asked me which color I wanted and then said she would ship a new Elite out to me. She also told me she was sending me a FedEx label to send the old one back to them so their tech folks could look at it and see why some of the things were happening. New machine is supposed to be delivered today. 

All I was looking for is to see if I could get the Elite at the rewards price. Never expected this. 

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Sounds like damage control there Homerec130. Even so, enjoy the new mud maker. Coffee
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2018, 09:42 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: You can find cups and paper filters at many home goods or department stores. Their cups take the paper filter. You can also get a special spoon that lets you scoop the coffee into the unit without spilling it. Works like a charm.

I found a company in San Francisco that sells coffee in a fully compostable unit - the cub is actually like a tea bag. The coffee is quite good and the price is competitive with the big box stores and such. The only problem with them is when you open the inner packaging, you need to put the rest of the cups in a sealable container so the coffee doesn't get stale.

I'm looking at replacing my machine with a non 2.0 one as I am tired of the DRM issues with the cups and some other brewing issues I have been experiencing. Waiting for one of the new elite models to hit the rewards catalog so I can use my points and knock the price down considerably.

Homer

(05-12-2018, 12:09 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: I talked to Keurig the other day about when the new Elite machine would hit the rewards catalog (gives 30% off if you use some of your points). The gal I was talking to asked if I was replacing my 2.0 machine or adding one. I told her I was replacing it and the reasons why - constant pressure messages, not reading a Keurig cup, and the replacement pod holder not always puncturing a cup (even theirs). I had called several times on some of these issues and she also thanked me for being a long time owner.

She asked me which color I wanted and then said she would ship a new Elite out to me. She also told me she was sending me a FedEx label to send the old one back to them so their tech folks could look at it and see why some of the things were happening. New machine is supposed to be delivered today. 

All I was looking for is to see if I could get the Elite at the rewards price. Never expected this. 

Homer

My late Father used to say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease", I'm happy for you to have such good luck with getting a new machine.  Enjoy and do let us know how it compares to the previous machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grammabear,

Early results - the machine is a lot quieter and it seems to make a better cup of coffee or chai (which my wife usually drinks). The water reservoir is 5 oz small (75 vs 80 oz) and you have to remove the entire cap to fill (like on the classic machines). Uses a button system instead of the LCD and it doesn't support mugs or carafes. However, when I make my mug I use two pods and split the brew (like I did on the old machine). It also has a temp setting (185-192) and you can set it for high altitude. 

Only minor drawback is you can't see the water level from the front of the machine but it does have an add water light.

They sent me a fedex label to return the old machine and I dropped it off last night. 

I learned a long time ago that if you treat folks nice you get a lot further - I only asked when the machine was going to be on the rewards program pricing and the conversation went from there.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you and your wife are pleased with your new machine.  It also seems to have some features that are helpful such as the buttons instead of led.  My machine has the buttons and it only makes two sizes of coffee or tea.  It is definitely basic but that is fine with me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-13-2018, 08:47 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: It sounds like you and your wife are pleased with your new machine.  It also seems to have some features that are helpful such as the buttons instead of led.  My machine has the buttons and it only makes two sizes of coffee or tea.  It is definitely basic but that is fine with me.

My office one only has 3 buttons and auto-shut off which is great. There are only two of us that use it, mostly me.

Works like a champ.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read that the inventor of Keurig, who has since sold the company, says his one regret in life is inventing the Keurig. He says he is devastated by how much the k-cups add to landfills, and wishes he hadn't started it.

I tried Keurig for a couple months, but I don't drink hot drinks consistently enough to keep the water fresh in the machine. It creeps me out to think of the water sitting in the internal reservoir and mildewing between days/weeks of use.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup The COFFEE Thread SuperSleeper 62 3,681 03-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Thumbsup 3-4 Cups of COFFEE good for you! SuperSleeper 27 1,871 02-28-2018, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  National Coffee Day (US) justMongo 8 755 09-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Sacked for having a cup of coffee on the job zonk 44 3,975 06-19-2016, 04:28 AM
Last Post: FrankNichols
  Coffee - latte GrammaBear 20 2,205 01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: S10wanderer
  Good news: No link between coffee consumption and common type of irregular heartbeat DeepBreathing 13 1,627 12-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyH
  Keurig machine question GrammaBear 23 2,580 11-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing