Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Key response time on my IPad
Key response time on my IPad
I have found, as I am typing, the response to my key strokes gets longer and longer until it gets to the point I am 2 to 3 words ahead. If I make a mistake and need the back space key, I have to wait as much as 10 seconds for my typing to catch up. The longer I type, the slower it gets. The other day I hit the delete key and it seemed to stick and it slowly erased my entire reply.

It only happens on my IPad and only on the Apnea Board website. (I think)

I cannot believe it is this web site but I am at a loss as to what it might be.

Any suggestions?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Key response time on my IPad
Safari on my MacBook Pro does the same thing.  If you save it as a draft and start editing again, it fixes it... for a few sentences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Chill,
I thought it was something I needed to change or ????.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an older iPad that does the same thing. Rebooting it resolves the problem until I do something with it that loads a lot of graphics.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed a commercial on the TV that was touting the typing lag problem on iPads.   Evidently it is known by iPad competitors.
  The only reason I even noticed the ad was because of this thread.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ever thought about installing another keyboard-app? (swiftkey, word flow, Gboard,...)
and/or change the browser (like chrome, firefox, ...)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a newer IPad the latest 2017 model A9 chip and noticed this issue on some forums this one included ... I found the fix was to instal and use Swiftkey.. No more lag..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Software for iPad wallybru 4 1,050 09-18-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.