Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Khavoqi - Therapy Thread
RE: Please help I can't do this anymore
If you look at your Insp time versus your Exp time, they are closer. I would try turning your pressure up to 10 cm and set your EPR to 3.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree. Use settings I suggested wit EPR 3 and Autoset mode. The results look very encouraging.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope so. Thanks for all the help and support; it's really encouraging and nice to have Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again.

I tried setting a constant pressure of 10 cm last night, with an EPR of 3, and I can definitely say I feel better today. However, it doesn't seem to be as good as it possibly could be, as I remember feeling even better on my most successful nights.

I realize that I'm gonna be a little tired regardless (as I slept 4 hours last night and haven't been sleeping as much as I should be, something I will definitely change), but on my most successful night, I only slept 4.5ish hours and still felt incredible. I wish I had the data for that, but unfortunately I don't.

Attached is my data from last night. Even though I mouth tape, I'm still getting leaks; do y'all have any way or method to deal with that?

And finally, based off my data, would y'all recommend any further adjustments or tweaks to make with my settings?

Thanks again for all of the help. It's a godsend.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, let's try going up to 12 cm. You can always reduce it, if need be.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Is this so confusing? (modified in consideration of development since first proposed.)

Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum Pressure: 8.0
Maximum Pressure : 1.0
EPR: On, Full-time
EPR Setting: 3
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hey there, back with some more data from last night.

I tried setting the pressure to 12.0, and turned off EPAP, as I've seen evidence that it can actually contribute to central apneas. It took a little bit of getting used to, but I was able to exhale comfortably enough after a little practice.

As to your suggestion SleepRider, are you sure about turning it to automatic? I've also seen people say that the changes in pressure can be disruptive and sometimes cause more harm than good.

Based off my data, do y'all think there are any other tweaks I should make? I definitely feel a little better than I did yesterday, despite the extra mouth leaks. However, it seems my AHI went up; I'm not sure if that was caused by the increased pressure or what. Tonight, I may try setting it to automatic and doing either 10-12 or 11-13.

And also, do y'all have any suggestions for preventing mouth leaks? Despite my mouth tape, I still seem to be getting a bunch of them.

And, one last question. First, do y'all know what the blanks in the graph are? I don't have SmartStart on, so I'm confused why the blanks are happening. Did the mask maybe get a little lose, with me subconsciously readjusting it in my sleep or something? I don't remember ever taking it off or waking up.

Thank y'all for all of the help and guidance.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing seems to work
Hey everyone. 

I originally made a thread in here around 2 weeks ago, and y'all lovely people helped me find great settings (Auto, 7-10, EPR 3) that finally had me feeling rested!

But now, despite keeping extremely similar settings, I'm back to square 1; I feel like a zombie everyday. 

Attached are some OSCAR screenshots from the past couple days. My DME randomly decided to factory reset the settings, so I don't have EPR on for a couple of the nights, but still, I think they provide good data. https://imgur.com/a/2rMR06F

What I don't understand is: why am I feeling so tired? My breathing pattern and everything looks pretty damn solid on most of the nights, at least to my eyes. 

I'm pretty sure I have UARS; is this maybe a sign that I should try Bilevel?

Thanks, and sorry if everything is all over the place.

Note:
  • I felt the best on 7/2 despite only 2 hours of sleep
  • I took two, 3 hour long naps on 7/6
  • I didn't go to sleep until around 2:30 AM on 7/7
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nothing seems to work
Realized the link for the pictures was hard to see.

Here it is: https://imgur.com/a/2rMR06F
Post Reply Post Reply
Please review my OSCAR data
Hey everyone. 

I originally made a thread in here around 2 weeks ago, and y'all lovely people helped me find great settings (Auto, 7-10, EPR 3) that finally had me feeling rested!

But now, despite keeping extremely similar settings, I'm back to square 1; I feel like a zombie everyday. 

Attached are some OSCAR screenshots from the past couple days. I don't understand why I'm feeling so tired; my breathing pattern and everything looks pretty damn solid on most of the nights, at least to my eyes. 

Would y'all recommend any minor adjustments or anything based off my data? I don't take any medications, don't drink caffeine, etc. I can't think of any other variables that would cause this sudden change.

Thanks, and sorry if everything is all over the place. I know it's a repost, but I'm going to be going to bed soon and wanted to get some suggestions before turning in for the night.

Note:
  • I felt the best on 7/2 despite only 2 hours of sleep

• I didn't go to sleep until around 2:30 AM on 7/7

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 483 10 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,092 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,840 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 84 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 236 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 275 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.