Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High pressure Bipap 28/24 need mask ideas
RE: High pressure Bipap 28/24 need mask ideas
(03-12-2018, 05:59 PM)dfellows5 Wrote: Hey OpalRose, Thanks for the info. As for the Sections I do not show snore or flow limits. I have the others Here are other options you did not mention:
mask pressure
resp rate
tidal volume
minute vent 
exp time
1:E Ratio
AHI
time at pressure
So which would I need?

Thats ok, if there is snore information or FL, it will show up on the left side bar.
When someone looks at your graphs and needs to see other graphs, you can always repost and add them.

Try to post a couple different days.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok don't know what you guys need of if this is right. If not Admin please delete.  Here are the screen shots. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is part 2

Part 3 is here

here is part 3
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is part 5

Here is the last one. Sorry thought I could attach them all and upload at one time. I am kind of Internet Dumb LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply
As someone who was needing pressures almost that high, I found that a very slight weight loss (6-8 lbs) coupled with sleeping on an incline with head of bed elevated (see pic below) made a big difference in the amount of pressure I needed to control my OSA.

Also, if you can find a way to control mouth opening, a nasal mask or nasal pillows mask might control your apnea with a lower pressure requirement than a full face mask.
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are having a lot of "unclassified apneas" , some hypopneas, and basically no obstructives. I really thing they messed up your EPAP setting, most likely it doesn't have to be higher than maybe 7-8 cm h2o to deal with the extra weight you put on.

I'm surprised your leak rates on that chart are so good with your insane pressures.

How tall are you? Your tidal volume is bit a low. My guess is with less IPAP and EPAP, but more pressure support than 4cmh2o, something like 5-6, you will do a TON better.

I propose drastically reducing your pressures for a night and let's see what happens...
Post Reply Post Reply
I may have missed the graph I was looking for, but it would be like the one described in my signature Organizing your Sleepyhead Graph. Need events, flow rate, pressure flow limitations and then whatever...so far I have only seen whatever.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 257 10 hours ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,098 Today, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 108 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 123 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 178 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 169 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,585 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.