Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Knightsbridge Dual Band cap issues--need help
Knightsbridge Dual Band cap issues--need help
I put on one of my KDB caps carefully before sleep

I make sure there is good clearance above my eyebrows.

Often I wake up and the cap has slid down and to my eyelids. Worse case--it's covered one eye.

If it's middle of the night I don't have the patience to take all my gear off and put it back on. But I have to adjust my N30i mask, and that's iffy

Bought two of the caps at the beginning. Both are like that.

Any suggestions?

Larry--are you out there? What do you suggest? Initially the cap I used was majestic and worked perfectly.  Have they stretched?  I want them to work.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Knightsbridge Dual Band cap issues--need help
I've tried doing the straps up more loosely.  It's tension in the straps that's causing my issue.

Doing straps up less loosely helps; then the cap doesn't work because I have huge leakage.

I don't know how to read this.  

* KDB cap on, straps loose
* n30i mask

I'm angry at myself for having so much trouble.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Larry's advice. Buy another one. I did.

Here's what I found.
Canadian site did not report sizes properly for the Large Size. Reported this to Larry who said he would have it corrected
When I tried to order, site said they did not have access to the product.

Ordered from the US, from Larry's firm. Bought the Large size. It was shipped.

After almost two weeks the shipper said I had to pay almost $40 CDN to get my KDB cap. Lesson learned. Don't buy this way again. His firm picked the shipper, and this is a huge hidden cost.

Tried it last night. Large fits better. (Note when I made my first purchase I followed the instructions to size the two Extra Large caps I bought when they first came out.)

I guess that I should be grateful to have the right size cap now.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR results...severe leakage.

The KDB cap doesn't prevent leakage, even with cervical collar.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I took real care putting all the gear on. Good news. I slept through the night. I didn't take my KDB cap off, or the mask off.
Bad news.

I wasted my money buying the new cap. Even though it's one size smaller, it slipped down below my eyebrows; it didn't cover my eyes. It moved down about an inch. Wearing the mask first and the KDB over it, I have profound mask strap marks that won't go away. Finally having to pay an additional $40 CDN to have the mask delivered to my home really really upsets me. After all, Larry's company picked the shipping method when I bought directly from them. My attempt to buy from a Canadian DME supplier didn't work, so I bought direct. My fault. Shouldn't have.

Conclusion

* Bad experience
* Too costly
* I'll return to taping my lips; that works, though it bothers me to do so.

Finally, I've sent an email to Larry and received no recognition. I informed him I was disturbed with this additional cost. However, I did receive a request to rate my purchase from some digital robot. It had legal weasel clauses in the instructions telling how to fill it out. Marketing is wonderful.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2022, 09:03 AM)DaveL Wrote: Bad news.

I wasted my money buying the new cap. Even though it's one size smaller, it slipped down below my eyebrows; it didn't cover my eyes.  It moved down about an inch. 

Conclusion

* Bad experience
* Too costly
* I'll return to taping my lips; that works, though it bothers me to do so.
I really wanted to like the Knightsbridge cap; it seemed like the right solution to the chin strap question.  But it just didn't work for me.  I had the same problems with slippage, not to mention it felt unbalance with a big honking velcro on one side but no weight on the other to balance it...
Sigh... still in search for the perfect chin strap...
Post Reply Post Reply
First time I tried my olden it was perfect.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2022, 01:40 PM)DaveL Wrote: First time I tried my olden it was perfect.  

DaveL

One of the reasons I had hoped for success with the KDB!  Others had tried it and recommended it.  Alas, we're all different and it didn't work for me.  I think my head slopes a little forward as I've had similar issues with single strap chin straps.

Oh well...
Post Reply Post Reply
I was extremely impressed with first few uses. Since then? No. If you read the reviews of the KDB I posted there (too) many times.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
The Knightsbridge I just bought was the cheaper model that they sell now.
I bought a size smaller than before.

I still had issues with the front of the cap being pulled down to my eyes like the original better made caps i bought before. I *think* it's due to tension in the second stretchy strap.

I'm back to using a cervical collar and taping my lips closed.

If your're having good luck with the KDSB cap please let me know. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 225 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 93 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 114 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.