Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Knocking Noise
Knocking Noise
Last night I was having a knocking noise and figures it was water in my hose, took it off and held both ends no water, tries holding it up and not a drop off water. I also make sure I don't over fill my tank as well. Any ideals? Currently trying out the nasal air 2 with prongs mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Knocking Noise
How old is your machine and when does the noise become noticeable?  Is it right away when you turn on the machine or after it has started to run a very short time?  I ask because I once had a cpap machine that started making a squeeky, grinding noise and it ended up being the bearings going out in the motor.  I hope that is not the cause for your problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine is only about 2 weeks old. I mainly hear it when I move a little bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe your hose is bumping something when you move?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does it happen when you change from exhale to inhale and vice versa, then it is probably your humidifier tank. While you are hearing the knocking, hold the humidifier tank using a little pressure and see if the noise helps. Sometimes just pushing the tank in or just a jiggle will get it to stop. If your machine is new ask your DME to fix it or replace the tank. Good Luck!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I think that's the problem
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 32 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 110 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 331 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 578 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 329 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster
  Airmini noise question sfr79 37 19,889 01-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: PlasticOwl8474

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.