Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Know THIS RISK of Using Mouth Guards! TRUE STORY!
(04-13-2013, 12:14 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Me, too. I thought the OP alarmist.

Seriously ?

You think I'm over-reacting and being overly dramatic by being an "alarmist" ?

Have you ever experienced, seen, lived with or even talked to someone that has had to have there jaw broken apart (surgically or otherwise) and then witnessed all the pain, frustrations and obstacles they face during their recovery ?? You know, the little things like, eating, drinking, talking ? Just the tiny things we take for granted every single day ?

Now talk about the PANIC these patients occasionally feel with the thought of choking on their own saliva or God forbid their own vomit!

Alarmist you call me ??

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'M AN ALARMIST ABOUT THIS SUBJECT !!

I'm going to close this thread for now so that the emotions and frustrations can equalize.

Thanks for sharing your situation Labrat... definitely something to think about.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth guard or pillow? EssienM 1 61 18 minutes ago
Last Post: Andy J
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 7 199 Yesterday, 07:50 PM
Last Post: sleepyguy99
  Does anyone use an oral mask? How horrific is the dry mouth? Ihaveapnea 8 252 Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Last Post: logansandres
  Dry mouth with Amara View capecodoma 13 551 Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Granny K
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 730 212,335 01-10-2017, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Etchris
  [Equipment] Water leak risk from ResMed AirSense 10 Humidifier tank ac110 8 521 12-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: PoolQ
  Mouth Splints and CPAP kingskid 3 193 12-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Last Post: PaytonA