Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Korea business trip trip report, machine died
Korea business trip trip report, machine died
The good:

A ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet works just fine in my roll-aboard with a week of clothes. I just had to forgo my shaving kit and use the side pockets. It went through the X-ray machine in a gallon ziplock bag.

I flew business class out of Toronto and my seat had 110v AC power. I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep on that flight.

The bad:
The usual jet lag problems where I don't sleep very well.

The machine acted funky all week and quit on me twice last night. I think it's the power brick overheating. I just ordered a replacement power supply from Supplier #1 that should be waiting for me when I get home Friday night. That should give me 3 nights of data points of whether it's the power supply or the machine. I'm hoping for power supply because I'm pretty sleep-deprived at the moment. I'll let my DME sort out the warranty stuff on Monday. It can't hurt to have a spare power supply.

I own a spare S9 AutoSet but it's 13 time zones away at a house I won't be at until Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Korea business trip trip report, machine died
Sorry to hear that. I have a trip coming up next month to Brazil. It's an overnight flight both ways. I'll be in business too, because I'm useless for the first day or two if I can't sleep on the flight, and I can't sleep sitting up straight - my head falls over, I drool, etc., etc.... Smile

I'm hoping nothing about the 110v source in business class caused your power supply problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2015, 04:56 PM)GeoffD Wrote: The machine acted funky all week and quit on me twice last night. I think it's the power brick overheating. I just ordered a replacement power supply from Supplier #1 that should be waiting for me when I get home Friday night. That should give me 3 nights of data points of whether it's the power supply or the machine. I'm hoping for power supply because I'm pretty sleep-deprived at the moment. I'll let my DME sort out the warranty stuff on Monday. It can't hurt to have a spare power supply.

The resmeds seem like nice machines, but if you travel a lot you might want to get a respironics as a travel machine.

They use a 12v power supply, that you can find in pretty much any electronics store and many automotive stores (used to run 12 radios, etc. indoors). I believe resmed uses 24v.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GeoffD,
Sorry to hear that your machine died on you, bummer, hope you get it sorted out soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The power bricks seem to run hot even when the machine is shutdown.
I do keep a spare power brick for my S9.

Hopefully yours will be related to the power brick. it's the logical point of failure.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's hoping it's just the power brick. Please keep us posted on how this works out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Korea has many electronics stores where you can buy a 110-220 AC input to 24 volt output matching your specs (sorry I don't know the Resmed power brick amperage). S. Korea is on a 220 50 Hz power so that may have something to do with your problem. I would try to locate an electronics, computer or battery store and take your adapter in and try to replace it.

I was there on a month-long trip in the late 90s. Lots to see if you have the time.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 08:27 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Korea has many electronics stores where you can buy a 110-220 AC input to 24 volt output matching your specs (sorry I don't know the Resmed power brick amperage). S. Korea is on a 220 50 Hz power so that may have something to do with your problem. I would try to locate an electronics, computer or battery store and take your adapter in and try to replace it.

I was there on a month-long trip in the late 90s. Lots to see if you have the time.

ResMed does use 24 Volts. However the plug that connects the machine to the power supply is uncommon. It can be found; but, not in the average consumer electronics store. It's likely a Kycon part number KPPX-3P.
[Image: KPPX-3P.jpg]

The issue will become the 3rd wire in the ResMed power supply to machine interface. It's use is unknown -- might be a remote Voltage sense or? Just getting 24 Volts to the machine will not work.

One must use the appropriate ResMed power brick or converter or the machine will not work.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If I was on a trip like that I would cut the wire and put the old fitting on the new adapter, if it is possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2015, 11:48 AM)player Wrote: If I was on a trip like that I would cut the wire and put the old fitting on the new adapter, if it is possible.

With respect, if you are saying what I infer, it will not work because of the 3rd wire issue.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 171 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 207 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 176 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,452 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,167 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Diagnosis] My first report here Frankiboy 20 1,398 11-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.