Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Outdated machine
RE: Outdated machine
I have the federal version of BC/BS. They have been very good about my SA situation. My co-pay is very reasonable when it comes to CPAP supplies. 

I've never asked them outright if my machine will be replaced after 5 years of use. I'm still shy of 1 year of use, so it will be a while before I start thinking about a new one. 

Suppose I could give them a call and find out for sure.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Outdated machine
I don't recall if I was under Uniturd Healthcare at the time or if I had transmogrified my coverage to Big Chicken/Big Sh, er Stuff, but several years back, my S8 had reached the 5+ year point. The insurance would not cover a new machine without a new sleep study (I know, spend $800 to verify the need to spend $800 for a treatment device - some of those backwards thinkers need to be covered with tar and feathers and shown the county line)...

So, I went in for overnight and was told to go pick up new S9 Autoset next week. Which I later decided that the Respironics line was better for me than Resmed so I benched the ResMed.... Silly thing still gathering dust in the closet.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,138 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.