Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Kudos to this board - Success Story
Kudos to this board - Success Story
I wanted to post my success story from using this board and the help I've gotten from the members here.

Before I joined this board, I was doing good but I knew it could be better. I start joining boards and researching sleep apnea so I could be better informed about what was happening, and the best ways to treat it. It wasn't that my doctor was/isn't doing a good job, it was more about what I want as a level of success is different than theirs. They were very happy that my AHI was under 5 on average because to them, 1-5 is the place on the scale to be. I wanted to be closer to the 1 than the 5 on that scale. 

Attached is a screenshot from Oscar showing a before and after as I made changed as suggested by bonjour, ajack, and others. The first 47 days, I was averaging about 4.48 AHI an hour. If you compare that to the sleep study numbers, overall was around 40 AHI with the following breakdown - (NREM was 33, REM AHI was 41, Supine AHI was 92, and Lateral AHI was 29) then 4.48 sounds fantastic.  Over the last 20 days following the changes suggested by board members, my AHI is 2.13 now, and my Obstructive Index over the last week is 0.09 which is down from an average of 0.68.

I can't thank everyone enough for their help and for the new people joining and looking for help, pay close attention to what people on the board are saying. They really want to help you and they have great knowledge. In the end, the person who has to take the point in managing your condition is you, not your doctor. The better engaged you are, the better your treatment will go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Kudos to this board - Success Story
Congrats on the improved results, and good for Fred and ajack to get you closer!  It's great when members give feedback like this, and even better when they stay around to help others.   Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good work and congrat's to you.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. On a funny side note, I had some rough sleep last night and my AHI was 3.3. It's a good feeling that you've gotten things to a place where a "rough night" is only a 3.3 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,599 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,822 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,312 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 475 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 7 545 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Last Post: ranvanman
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,051 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.