Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LEAKAGE - What's the issue?
Question 
LEAKAGE - What's the issue?
I'm trialing a Sleepweaver Anew cloth full face fabric mask. It is much much more comfortable than my plastic RESMED one but my leakage went up from below 3 lt/min to over 23 on the first night.

Funny thing was all other stats seemed to stay the same.

Q. What issues does a leaking mask cause?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LEAKAGE - What's the issue?
The machine report 95th percentile leak ... leak was at or below that number for 95% of the night, not all night long

ResMed tells us, 24 L/m is acceptable and does not interfere with the machine function or data reporting

Higher leak rate (above red line in ResScan leak graph) can affect the accuracy of the data, and the machine cannot distinguish apnea type correctly and score apnea as "unknown", yellow symbol in ResScan

The numbers don't tell you the full story, you'll need the software

Post Reply Post Reply
As a newbee here, I am trying to learn and adsorb as much as possible. Taking one day and one step at a time. Zonk, you say the numbers don't tell the full story, and "you'll need the software. I downloaded ResScan is there more software needed? thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2015, 04:42 PM)bobmckane Wrote: I downloaded ResScan is there more software needed? thanks

I recommend SleepyHead over Rescan. I had both on my computer for several months and then I just got rid of Rescan. I can find out lots more with less effort in SleepHead.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 327 Yesterday, 02:40 PM
Last Post: pamm777
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 442 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 201 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,476 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,520 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 157 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  [CPAP] Can pressure wanting to go higher actually be due to leakage? richapple 1 151 03-15-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.