Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LINUX and SH with FlashPAP.jar
Question 
LINUX and SH with FlashPAP.jar
Any interest in questions and discussion on how to use LINUX for SleepyHead with FlashPAP.jar (and making them all play well together) here?

Thinking about those of us who are newbie switch-overs from Windows with basic knowledge of Linux system..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LINUX and SleepyHead with FlashPAP.jar
I'm using it on arch Linux and it's on air repo so you can easily install them.

What Linux flavour are you on?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2019, 02:36 PM)harre Wrote: I'm using it on arch Linux and it's on air repo so you can easily install them.

What Linux flavour are you on?

Mint  w/ Cinnamon desktop.
Post Reply Post Reply
alright, I have no idea, but I guess there exists some deb-packages for flashpap and sleepyhead too.

Do you have any specific questions?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-30-2019, 04:39 PM)harre Wrote: alright, I have no idea, but I guess there exists some deb-packages for flashpap and sleepyhead too.

Do you have any specific questions?

Thanks for getting back to me harre, but my "specific'" questions are many at this point (for instance 'deb-packages' lost me) Wink 

With Windows 7 reaching end-of-life and probably going to create a huge(er) amount of hacking and vulnerabilities, it was time to think about moving on to another operating system.  Windows 10  I tried early on and disliked it, so Linux was a logical choice.  And it was no cost- what a deal..  I still have Windows 7 on my main computer so I have the ability to track SleepyHead but am trying to slowly transition to Linux Mint. Altho I understand little about it I am slowly advancing on it.  Even though I'm still confused I sense MORE potential in Linux than Microsoft systems.
Without doubt there are going to be others doing the same.  I was launching a test balloon to see how many Linux newbies are in the same boat, and at the same time see if any knowledgeable Linux gurus had time to coach in the arena of SleepyHead and associated support.

Z
Post Reply Post Reply
Microsoft has seen the future and it is Linux. They now have Linux for Windows 10 for sale named, WLinux.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Different Linux flavours (distro) have their package repository where you can get all kinds of free software from. There's usually two versions. One that is supported and maintained by the makers of the distro and one that is unsupported. Sleepyhead and flashpap would fall into the latter.

I have no experience on how to get access to the unsupported repo in mint, but I guess someone here could chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seattle 'techies' have this thing about having their hand wind up in someone's pocket.  Even at $20 why put Linux onto a W-10 system if you don't really like the 10 unless you are hung-up on the Windows software?

But, on the other hand SleepyHead and FlashPAP.jar should 'perk' on it out of the box. eh? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
zzzZorro, I'm a linux wannabe-user on the edge of making the leap but have no recent experience with it. sick to death of windows updates breaking my system and deleting my files and programs. I wouldn't be any help to others in the short term but want to express my interest in the subject of this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2019, 06:51 PM)sheepless Wrote: zzzZorro, I'm a linux wannabe-user on the edge of making the leap but have no recent experience with it.  sick to death of windows updates breaking my system and deleting my files and programs.  I wouldn't be any help to others in the short term but want to express my interest in the subject of this thread.

EXACTLY!   I was ready for something other than Windows and decided to use an old lap-top my daughter gave me which was slower than molasses with W-7 system on it. Plus the fact I recently had a major system failure with W-7 on my main computer.  I did just enough reading to get hooked on the Linux system and found it could be double booted (easily and temporarily) from a thumb-drive with an internet download at no cost.  Put it on the old machine and it did in fact breathe new life into its operational speed.  I still have a couple desktops with Windows 7 on them and tinker with the Linux Mint program.  I find it interests me more than W-7 but it is a real speed-bump to transition over.  Crimson Nape said that a good book on the Linux system is necessary to have and study and he is 100% correct.  With Windows 7 coming to its end-of-life people are going to have to decide before long if they are going to accept W-10 of find something else.  Linox Mint impresses me.

Getting the first 'test' of making SleepyHead and FlashPAP.jar both run on it was my first Baby-Steps. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 810 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  OSCAR v1.5.2 - Linux Versions Crimson Nape 3 129 03-17-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 433 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,959 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 669 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  o2 insight pro on linux Jim Vader 10 1,391 08-16-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: data01
  OSCAR for Ubuntu Linux "blocked and dangerous" edgreenberg 3 741 07-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: edgreenberg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.