Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LIRR testing for sleep apnea
This was in my local newspaper (Newsday) today. Knowing how I felt prior to being treated, and how often I thought I could fall asleep if I took too long to blink I think this is a good idea.

It doesn't say anything about treating those who are found to have apnea but they will at least know who they are.

Thoughts?

[Image: el0Ixd7.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 11:59 AM)ISnoreBadly Wrote: This was in my local newspaper (Newsday) today. Knowing how I felt prior to being treated, and how often I thought I could fall asleep if I took too long to blink I think this is a good idea.

It doesn't say anything about treating those who are found to have apnea but they will at least know who they are.

Thoughts?

[Image: el0Ixd7.jpg]

It's about time.

The third paragraph states that the program identifies workers who may be at risk for sleep apnea and ensure they receive appropriate treatment.

As far as I'm concerned, if the union tries to get in the way of it's members being tested or if it tries to dictate terms, the Feds need to step in and make it a condition of employment. There should have been no exemptions in the first place.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2016, 03:01 PM)pupcamper Wrote: The third paragraph states that the program identifies workers who may be at risk for sleep apnea and ensure they receive appropriate treatment

Ah, yeah, I missed that. Even better!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New sleep study results - Central Apnea bb0490 5 335 10-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Last Post: ajack
  Slim members with sleep apnea? AHI? Experience? Improvement? Kryogen 12 518 09-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Lymphocytosis in Patients with Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dramagal27 4 458 09-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [News] Sleep Apnea effects on Cardiovascular health, Metabolism Dawnstar 2 267 09-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Dawnstar
  [Equipment] New sleep apnea patient here using oral device for first time liz81 17 1,219 08-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Romster
  Any feedback on Sleep Apnea supplements? kennmcb 8 370 08-21-2017, 02:49 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Can you have sleep apnea during the day? zonk 23 56,417 08-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94