Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

LOW AHI vs actual REAL quality sleep
RE: LOW AHI vs actual REAL quality sleep
Oxygen tracking with cpap adds a lot of useful information. I do not like my oxygen to read in the low 60's.

Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting thread, and very much in line with my own thoughts and experience over the last 14 months with PAP.

(01-07-2017, 04:58 AM)kwhenrykerr Wrote: Oxygen tracking with cpap adds a lot of useful information. I do not like my oxygen to read in the low 60's.

I've suspected this - been intending to get an oximeter once the new year rolls around, which it has! Would be great to have one that integrates with the A10, but at $1K that's not going to happen something much more affordable will have to suffice.

When I got my machine, it was set at PS 4.0 over 8-22. In other words, wide open V-auto. Over the months I've experimented with lowering the upper limit, eventually settling on 20. I found that whenever the pressure went over 20 it woke me up promptly and didn't result in any improvement in AHI for the night.

The minEPAP setting is what I've been working with now. Some months ago I bumped the minimum from 8 to 10 and left it there. Recently I decided to try bumping it up a bit more - now at 12.0.

In the 13 days since I bumped it up, I haven't noticed a significant change in AHI - my long term average is about 1.3 and over the recent nights it's about the same.

But I feel better in the morning. Significantly better. I'm still not convinced that the minEPAP change is what's responsible for the improved sleep quality, but it's looking good. Clearly there's more to sleep quality that just AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes there sure is. Great job. Good to see that you have things going the right direction.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone has experience using an oximeter that records data over the night, can easy have its data extracted to the pc and cost less than $50?
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2017, 08:52 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Anyone has experience using an oximeter that records data over the night, can easy have its data extracted to the pc and cost less than $50?

You may be able to find the Contec CMS-550D+ from Chinese exporters for less than $50. It costs $60 from Supplier #19 in the United States. The owner there has been extremely helpful to many members here, and is worth supporting. Also you will probably get it quicker.

The 'plus' on the D+ is important, the others are not recording oximeters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2017, 10:04 AM)pholynyk Wrote:
(01-09-2017, 08:52 AM)Newbee2016 Wrote: Anyone has experience using an oximeter that records data over the night, can easy have its data extracted to the pc and cost less than $50?

You may be able to find the Contec CMS-550D+ from Chinese exporters for less than $50. It costs $60 from Supplier #19 in the United States. The owner there has been extremely helpful to many members here, and is worth supporting. Also you will probably get it quicker.

The 'plus' on the D+ is important, the others are not recording oximeters.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for the lead!
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are these real CAs? brainfoggysleeper 1 87 2 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Real or False CAs? SingingWolf 3 264 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 233 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 860 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,164 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.