Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResScan 6.0 Install Problem
RE: ResScan 6.0 Install Problem
Thanks for the suggestion, Crimson, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Changing only the 6.0 to 5.9 and using the same link, I get a 404 page not available. Perhaps ResMed removed 5.9 from their server?
Post Reply Post Reply
Evidently they have removed the older versions. Try assigning a password to your user account. A 2 letter password should work but Windows may try to dissuade you. Just ignore the warning.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The login id and password are those of windows. I.e. Microsoft id and password.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the posts. I have searched several hours worldwide in the last two days and finally found a solution by participants at apneaboard.com.

ResScan is a program of the company ResMed, which manufactures devices for people in Australia, which is suffering from sleep apnea. With ResScan you can show data on sleep duration and quality of sleep. Until recently, you could download this software at ResMed for free. Can't even not for a fee, as I was told by the German delegation in Munich. I had installed the version 5.9 instead of 6.0, because here no password and no password is required. However, it appeared the message: pure virtual function called, and the software was automatically stopped. At apneaboard, I read several participants that they could use the software if you opened a new account in Windows and then called ResScan. I've done it and behold, now it works. Why but previously couldn't, I unfortunately don't know this yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped trying to figure it out after I created a new user in Windows. This is a dev machine and I mess with the registry frequently. Somewhere along the way of installing/deleting various dev tools something got hosed. Windows 10 has moved away from HKEY_Classes_Root and moved more towards HKLM and HKCU. I believe for just this reason. Instead of wiping out the whole system you just mess up your profile.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 44 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 85 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 216 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,333 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 178 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,374 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.