Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ladies: hair issue
Ladies: hair issue
I know this is small beans, but any tips on how to deal with all these straps and full head of hair?  Mine is medium short but I have lots!
Ladies?  Guys?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ladies: hair issue
I’ve been battling that problem for awhile, and I use a P10 mask with the most minimalistic headgear. Sad

I use a Leave in Conditioner Spray every morning to get rid of the creases at the crown and back of my hair.  Then I just tossle it to leave dry on its own or use a Air Brush to style.

I’m tempted to try the new Bleep mask as there is no headgear or straps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What, exactly, is the problem?  And where?  I believe most everyone ends up with 'bad hair' or 'hat-head' most mornings regardless of what they wear...or not.  Is your hair getting caught in a buckle, wrapped around something, snagged, tugged,...??

Perhaps you could don a skullcap, or work-related net cap as one would in a restaurant or commercial kitchen?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2019, 11:43 AM)mesenteria Wrote: What, exactly, is the problem?  And where?  I believe most everyone ends up with 'bad hair' or 'hat-head' most mornings regardless of what they wear...or not.  Is your hair getting caught in a buckle, wrapped around something, snagged, tugged,...??

Perhaps you could don a skullcap, or work-related net cap as one would in a restaurant or commercial kitchen?

Laugh-a-lot I can just picture it....already have a chin strap, a headgear, and sometimes tape...now add the net cap....hee-hee.
Actually, it would prolly work.  thanks for the suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2019, 11:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I’ve been battling that problem for awhile, and I use a P10 mask with the most minimalistic headgear. Sad

I use a Leave in Conditioner Spray every morning to get rid of the creases at the crown and back of my hair.  Then I just tossle it to leave dry on its own or use a Air Brush to style.

I’m tempted to try the new Bleep mask as there is no headgear or straps.

I did try to use a mask like the P10.  The hose was the problem for me.  Dragged downward and drove me nuts.  Part of the problem is the cat that sleeps with me...she accidently (or on purpose, who knows) would pull on it.   I am doing much better with the nasal mask and hose-on-top-of-the-head headgear.  I drape the hose over the pillow and said cat does not seem to mind sleeping on it (great, keeps it warm).

Styling is OK...just seems to get tangled up and caught in the chinstrap, headgear straps, etc.  Talk about morning hair!  
thanks for the suggestions for taking care of it in the a.m.
Post Reply Post Reply
A doo rag or silk head scarf may also help I am not a lady and I use the bleep mask and I love it having no head gear
Post Reply Post Reply
the Bleep mask looks great, but the downward hanging hose will drive me nuts.  I would love to be without all of this stuff, but it is worth it in the end.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've gotten hair hung in a clip. And mine is rather short.

I have found that ball caps do wonders for hosehead hair if I have to go somewhere before I can shower. I've also used a wet wash cloth, rubbed the back and top of my head, then comb it. Most of the time that works.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
My dad used to pull a nylon stocking over his head to keep his hair in place while he slept and that was pre-CPAP.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks all.  Great ideas.  And I know there are guys with long hair, too. like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 44 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 113 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,413 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 667 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.