Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask
Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask
Hi,
New user of CPAP (10 days).  Have a ResMed 11 set at 8 determined my titration study.   Started with F30 mask but found it uncomfortable but had AHI average of 1.7.   Went to F20 5 nights ago and find it very comfortable but AHI jumped to average of 4.9.   Contacted doc's office they don't want me to change pressure setting.   Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask
I've found pressure requirement differences between the F30 and F20 usually resulting in slightly higher pressures with the F20.

If the increase in AHI is impacting your sleep, then ignore the doctor and adjust the pressure.  Or better yet, post some charts on OSCAR and take advantage of the collective wisdom.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would you be able to post some OSCAR charts? One example from each mask would be most helpful.

Regardless of doctor’s office request, you may change your settings as required to improve sleep if you choose to do so. Seeing some OSCAR data is the most effective and efficient way for us to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
There could be many reasons for this, including having a leak in the mask. Your OSCAR data will get help to home in on the problem.

From experience, managing mask issues takes a lot longer than 10 days. They can be very finicky in terms of how tight they are, your facial anatomy, comfort, etc.

There can also be some ways to help with mask comfort, so you might not have to rule out a mask that seems uncomfortable at first. For instance, I was quite challenged in finding a mask that would work, and found I like flannel covers on my mask headgear, so it's soft against my face, and where it cradles the back of my head. This is a very individual thing, and there will be other posters with ideas.

Hang in there! And, yep, post the OSCARs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Sudden increase in central apneas eyeloveeyez 1 62 04-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Lots of Large Leak Lately LazerStallion 0 73 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 79 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
Surprised [CPAP] Sudden Increase in AHI amfar33 2 152 04-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 324 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Do you think I should increase my pressure based on this OSCAR data? mallowsweet 24 1,641 03-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Do I need to increase my max pressure? Daveman 7 283 03-29-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Daveman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.