Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Leaks, air coming out of connection to the head piece Normal?
RE: Large Leaks, air coming out of connection to the head piece Normal?
(08-16-2019, 12:06 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Just for experimenting for a day or two, set the DreamStation to 8 or 8.5 straight pressure.  Leave Flex off.
Keep same Mask.

Just curious if you would see the same leak rate.

Done, although I had the hardest time finding the comfort settings LOL. The DME still has not contacted me about the new machine, they are useless and even yelled at me when I contacted them. They even told me "Well you signed for it" Seriously? Then they told me I got headgear as well, which I did not. I asked them "which" headgear and they could not answer, I asked them "which" mask, and they did not know what I was talking about, only that I got "head gear" They delivered the wrong machine, wrong settings. The doctor showed the RX to me, 8 pressure Cpap   They had  me at 5-15 apap.  This is the deal, If I had not downloaded Oscar, and joined this board, I would be using the wrong pressure and never even known it until my 90 day visit with the doctor. THAT is scary, I wonder who has MY machine and settings?  Love You Tube and the Lanky Lefty, he walked me through the settings adjustments.   I will use the same mask tonight and then report tomorrow. Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
From your description it is kind of hard to tell ... is your hose cracked slightly?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2019, 01:14 PM)theoak Wrote: From your description it is kind of hard to tell ... is your hose cracked slightly?

I changed out the hose as well, so I guess tonight will be the test.
Post Reply Post Reply
Given the probability of dealing with an inept DME, I'd examine everything thoroughly that's been issued by them to make sure they didn't issue broken or damaged parts. Another possibility is that they issued generic poor replicas. Examine the boxes and packages carefully.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 414 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 132 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.