Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Leaks and AHI
RE: Large Leaks and AHI
Open up the flow graph where the leak is showing.  If you see flat tops in the wave form, that is most likely mouth breathing.  

You can try a chin strap, but a "soft" cervical collar works well by keeping your chin from tucking into your chest and also keeps your jaw from dropping.  

As far as the the size nasal pillow, wear what feels best.  It should not be inserted into the nostril.  Also, when on your side, you should be at the end of your pillow whith mask hanging off the side of pillow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The most common error in using the P10 for fit is to use a size too small. Few women can use the small nasal pillow...just saying.

A flat topped leak is usually through the mouth. You're fortunate it is not disruptive to your sleep, and it could be a consequence of sleeping better and more deeply. That would be a good thing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not worried about this but am trying to reduce the leak.
P10 with taped lips all night, it's not a mouth leak, and I'm sleeping well.  This tape does not reapply well at all.

If you look the leak graph is very flat and just above the LL threshold.

Any guesses as to cause?

[Image: bgqvupil.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2017, 09:08 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: A flat topped leak is usually through the mouth.  You're fortunate it is not disruptive to your sleep, and it could be a consequence of sleeping better and more deeply.  That would be a good thing.

Are you saying that I shouldn't be too worried about these leaks, provided they do not disturb my sleep?

Here's what flow rate and leak rate looked like, when that leak occurred 2 nights ago:

[Image: wGE7aN2.png]

Is it these flat tops in the leak rate chart being a result of a mouth leak?

Thank you for the feedback, folks. By the way, not a single leak last night, with just 3 events and 0.44 AHI.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that is 1/2 hour of significant leak. Surprisingly stable. That would not work for me, but you're still getting PAP therapy, and probably a dry mouth. I think you need to find a better solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 0 24 1 hour ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 56 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 467 Today, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 120 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 131 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 114 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 85 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.