Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Leaks
RE: Large Leaks
(08-23-2015, 11:08 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 10:34 AM)ginzo Wrote: TONIGHT IS AUTOSET NIGHT TRYOUT!!
If I have any issues, I can set it back during the night. It wanted 4-20cm, I just switched it to 5-20cm and left ramp at 5 minutes.

The default ramp start pressure is 4. You can change the start ramp pressure but a 1cm ramp 4-5 is almost pointless. At pressure that low, you should go without ramp.

Also, seeing as your previous pressure was fixed at 14, you may find 5 won't give you enough.

Try it tonight to see what happens.

I agree that the ramp is not necessary if you start the pressure so low. When you set the low pressure to 5 that is where the machine will run until a respiration upset causes it to rise. It will be a long haul to get to 14 if that is truly what you need. There could be a lot of disturbances along the way. It might be better to start it at 9. Also you know 14 is good so I would put the upper limit at 14. Higher than 14 is just more prone to leaks.
Then when you look at the data you will be able to see if you can go lower than 9 or if the pressure wanted to sit at a level higher than 9.

if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got it 7/17/2015 I have a serial # but I don't know where to find a production date. I unchecked the RERA option yesterday, but put it back today, we will see if it shows itself.

(08-23-2015, 10:56 AM)AlanE Wrote: Do you remember when you got your A10? I received my first one in March and it did not record RERA. The 2nd machine was mid July I believe and that one does record RERA. Others have said the machines made after April 2015 record RERA.

Ok, good call both of you. Thanks for the coaching. I'' start it at 9, and set max @ 14. That is a great assumption by both of you.
Report back tomorrow night after work. Thanks

If I have any issues, I can set it back during the night. It wanted 4-20cm, I just switched it to 5-20cm and left ramp at 5 minutes.

The default ramp start pressure is 4. You can change the start ramp pressure but a 1cm ramp 4-5 is almost pointless. At pressure that low, you should go without ramp.

Also, seeing as your previous pressure was fixed at 14, you may find 5 won't give you enough.

(08-23-2015, 11:35 AM)MobileBasset Wrote:

I agree that the ramp is not necessary if you start the pressure so low. When you set the low pressure to 5 that is where the machine will run until a respiration upset causes it to rise. It will be a long haul to get to 14 if that is truly what you need. There could be a lot of disturbances along the way. It might be better to start it at 9. Also you know 14 is good so I would put the upper limit at 14. Higher than 14 is just more prone to leaks.
Then when you look at the data you will be able to see if you can go lower than 9 or if the pressure wanted to sit at a level higher than 9.

Post Reply Post Reply
In SH you might have to rebuild the data to show RERA. Under menu Data > Rebuild CPAP Data and select your machine serial number.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried it, nogo. I even purged all data, then reloaded from my card still no RERA. I can't find a production date for it yet, still trying to find it.

Thanks. The Restriction data didn't show up right away yesterday, it came up after I launched SH later in the day.

(08-23-2015, 12:07 PM)AlanE Wrote: In SH you might have to rebuild the data to show RERA. Under menu Data > Rebuild CPAP Data and select your machine serial number.

Post Reply Post Reply
ADDENDUM:
Just a random thought, maybe it hasn't shown up because it is in CPAP mode? Tonight will be in Auot Set, tomorrow will tell.Thinking-about

(08-23-2015, 12:07 PM)AlanE Wrote: In SH you might have to rebuild the data to show RERA. Under menu Data > Rebuild CPAP Data and select your machine serial number.

Post Reply Post Reply
AlanE AND MobileBasset,

Rather than bore you with previous screen shots that are already in this post, I will give you my 1st night, last night, and last nights statistics shots.

YOU BE THE JUDGE........

1st Night:

[Image: 19999276714_734136664a_c.jpg]1st Day 7-17-2015 by Chuck Cangialosi, on Flickr

Last Night:

[Image: 20233987654_1bbe0eaba7_c.jpg]8-23-2015 by Chuck Cangialosi, on Flickr

Stats from 1st day to last night:

[Image: 20847019392_4b32499662_c.jpg]Stats 8-24-2015 by Chuck Cangialosi, on Flickr

So, how do I thank you both (and all the others who chimed in to offer suggestions) for solving my LL problem? Words aren't enough. I was really struggling to solve this problem. I understand it was only 1 night, but each progressive night from here will be only better. Now I can make small incremental changes and see if it can get better.

Again, many thanks for helping me through this problem.

Regards,
Chuck
Post Reply Post Reply
Anytime Chuck. That's why we get paid the big bucks!

oops was I not suppose to say that? Big Grinnie

One CA all night. Very nice. In Sleepyhead you can move the graphs to different places. Click and drag action. Looking at the Flow Limitation graph is helpful to see why the machine raises pressure. Great job on getting the leaks down. In fact, I'm a little jealous. Your leaks are lower than mine. :grin:

Disclaimer: No unfortunately, we don't get paid anything... sigh.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good! Try it out for a while and see how it goes. It may settle a bit differently as you get used to it.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Still going very well, going to give it a few weeks to see what my "average" is. At this time, I have the machine report "daily", after this Saturday I'll change it to a week, then 30 days.

I'm going to stop reading my memory card everyday this Saturday also, and just do it once a week. At this point, I don't think I will make anymore adjustments for now. Maybe in a month or so, when I learn to read the graphs a little better, I can maybe see any patterns that trigger things and tweak from there.

Update in about a monthSleep-well

Thanks all again for getting me over this hump!!!Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Last thing for now, I still can't get the RERA info line to show up in the daily.

Found this info about my machine, am I missing something in the settings?

Software number: SX567-0302;S10_AUTOSET_RERA

(08-23-2015, 10:56 AM)AlanE Wrote: Do you remember when you got your A10? I received my first one in March and it did not record RERA. The 2nd machine was mid July I believe and that one does record RERA. Others have said the machines made after April 2015 record RERA.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 45 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 243 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 141 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 499 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.