Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Leaks
RE: Large Leaks
Do you have that selected in Events?

[Image: SH_Options.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Sir, Looks just like that. I'm stumped. I don't think I have any of those events, but I would like to be sure. I tried purging data etc. Unless anyone can come up with a way to show it, I can live without it.

Thanks for the effort.

(08-28-2015, 01:48 PM)AlanE Wrote: Do you have that selected in Events?

[Image: SH_Options.PNG]

Post Reply Post Reply
Since it is the perfect message title I thought I would add my SleepyHead Leak Rate graph on as well. Could someone look at my graph and see if this looks mostly like a mouth leak which is what I think it is. This evening I'll try a new chinstrap. My pressure is a constant 10.

thanks, David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like a mouth leak to me. Good luck with the chin strap.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
A chin strap worked wonders for me, Good Luck. Small investment to find out!Dancing

You also can right click on the "leak Rate" and a menu flies out, select "CPAP Overlays, then check box "Large Leaks" to grey out the parts that are over the limit.
2nd, right click again, select menu "dotted Lines" and check "95% leak rate" and "leak rate upper threshold". It helps you see exactly where you are on the scale.

(08-29-2015, 01:08 PM)Dagmar Wrote: Since it is the perfect message title I thought I would add my SleepyHead Leak Rate graph on as well. Could someone look at my graph and see if this looks mostly like a mouth leak which is what I think it is. This evening I'll try a new chinstrap. My pressure is a constant 10.

thanks, David

Help a newb to understand how to read a wave form on a graph to help determine what the problem is. For example, what is telling you that it is probably a mouth leak? I'm trying to catch up but I'm still reading info side by side with my software to try it as I go along. Helps me remember what things do what.

(08-29-2015, 03:51 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Looks like a mouth leak to me. Good luck with the chin strap.

It will look like this:

Post Reply Post Reply
Mouth Leaks - More boxy, less spikey and longer duration. That is my understanding.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will look for that pattern.

(08-29-2015, 08:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Mouth Leaks - More boxy, less spikey and longer duration. That is my understanding.

On a side note, I had a VERY GOOD night!

[Image: 20815027568_34762026c4_z.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats

Slept better knowing Erika isn't going to pay us a visit?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I know it's gonna be funny, but it flew right over my head. I don't miss much, but you are puttin' a hurtin' on me.Big Grin

(08-30-2015, 09:46 AM)AlanE Wrote: Congrats

Slept better knowing Erika isn't going to pay us a visit?

Post Reply Post Reply
I've been here since 2001 and been through a couple of hurricanes. I was here for Charley, Jeanne, Ivan, Wilma. I'm sorry to the general public but I have to laugh at the level of panic they pushed on the public over Erika.

[Image: hurricane.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 282 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 159 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.