Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Mask Leaks
Here is a copy of my SleepyHead data from April 23 which is the 24th night with my new machine, my first data capable machine. I am consistently getting reminders via the SleepyHead welcome screen that my leakage rate is too high. I believe the culprit is the mask that I am using and I am working on getting that corrected. Meanwhile my AHI is showing <1.0 with quite a few zeros as shown by the posted data. With high leakage I am wondering if these great AHI numbers are accurate or is my leakage rate high enough to cause inaccuracy? Prior to the new machine I used straight CPAP bricks for 16 years and was probably running high AHI numbers. After joining this forum and with the very limited data capability of the brick I was able to drop my AHI from +/- 15 down to <5 most of the time so the current readings may not be too far off. I just don't know if the present leakage rate is high enough to prevent detection of events.

I realize the importance of reducing the leakage rate and that is my priority at this time. This may require a change to a new DME which can be a slippery slope at best. I have read the mask primer and other mask information on the forum.

Stan

[Image: hx7wEiSl.png]
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
How To Attach Images And Files to your posts
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer

It is what it is. But, it will be what you make it.
Pat Summitt
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
You got a zero for sure, but still have RERA and FL events. Congrats on the 0.00. It is not due to leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider, that's good  to hear. Any enlightent on the RERA and FL issues  would be appreciated.

Stan
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
How To Attach Images And Files to your posts
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead
Mask Primer

It is what it is. But, it will be what you make it.
Pat Summitt
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Lost [Need help with Leaks] Mouchet 2 62 2 hours ago
Last Post: Walla Walla
  [CPAP] Trouble with leaks and pressure Kristin 41 2,513 06-24-2018, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Kristin
  Leaks, Mask Change... now increased obstructive apneas MAPnea 7 294 06-20-2018, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Unwell feeling, SpO2 drops immediately when falling asleep, large Flow Rate MyronH 4 295 06-13-2018, 07:32 AM
Last Post: MyronH
  P10 mask Leaks -- Need advice please gwc2795 64 2,039 06-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Zorki1c
  Mask leaks vs apnea events Ticman1 2 264 06-06-2018, 08:08 PM
Last Post: tedvpap
  Leaks with Nasal Pillows causing Central Events J Duffy 19 985 06-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Last Post: horses mcfaddon