Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large Mask Leaks
Large Mask Leaks
Here is a copy of my SleepyHead data from April 23 which is the 24th night with my new machine, my first data capable machine. I am consistently getting reminders via the SleepyHead welcome screen that my leakage rate is too high. I believe the culprit is the mask that I am using and I am working on getting that corrected. Meanwhile my AHI is showing <1.0 with quite a few zeros as shown by the posted data. With high leakage I am wondering if these great AHI numbers are accurate or is my leakage rate high enough to cause inaccuracy? Prior to the new machine I used straight CPAP bricks for 16 years and was probably running high AHI numbers. After joining this forum and with the very limited data capability of the brick I was able to drop my AHI from +/- 15 down to <5 most of the time so the current readings may not be too far off. I just don't know if the present leakage rate is high enough to prevent detection of events.

I realize the importance of reducing the leakage rate and that is my priority at this time. This may require a change to a new DME which can be a slippery slope at best. I have read the mask primer and other mask information on the forum.

Stan

[Image: hx7wEiSl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Large Mask Leaks
You got a zero for sure, but still have RERA and FL events. Congrats on the 0.00. It is not due to leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Large Mask Leaks
Thanks Sleeprider, that's good  to hear. Any enlightent on the RERA and FL issues  would be appreciated.

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 133 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 150 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.