Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large flat screen tv's.
RE: Large flat screen tv's.
I think the WOW moment may have been when you paid for it. The seller is like WOW he bought it!
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-07-2020, 03:44 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I know I'm old but viewing my 1080p versus my 4k with a 4k signal input makes no difference to my eyes.   I was waiting for that "WOW!" moment, that never came.   Does anyone remember the 3D TV's?  I guess they worked great if you had a third eye.

We purchased a 55" upgraded Samsung three years ago.  I asked the sales rep if 3D was so routine that it wasn't even mentioned in the specs printed on the shipping carton so that folks would be able to see them.  Heck, no, he said, 3D was never that popular, but another problem with 4K is that the main chip couldn't run all the requirements of 3D and 4K at the same time.  Something had to give, and it was a no-brainer when it came to foregoing 3D from about 2015 on and cutting their costs by making the same chip run a larger density signal that is 4K.  That is, the market said 'Nyet', and 3D went away.  Too bad, because I really liked it, and have amassed a very small library of videos with that capability.  Unfortunately, it is now only the 8 year old TV and its 8 year old DVD player that can run those DVDs.

i have never had much difficulty with either those weird eye puzzles, seeing the old lady or the younger lady, depending on how your mind bends the image, and in getting 3D to work for me. I hated the blue and red glasses....they're a bust, even if they work.  Far better is the alternating display raster synched to the crystal lattice built into the special glasses that Samsung uses.  That system works like a hot damn for me.
Serial Tapist
Post Reply Post Reply
There are calculators out there to help you determine what size of TV you should have vs viewing distance. IIRC a 6 ft distance is about a 50" TV and 9 ft is about 70". Then you start adding all the bells and whistles and resolutions, viewing angles and so forth.

Our church has 3 90" Sharp commercial grade units in the sanctuary. We are looking at maybe replacing them with some 110" units maybe next year depending on the technology and cost.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our recliners are approx. 17' away from where our current tv sits on a floor stand. It's a 40" Sony. 

We did go tv shopping today and I now have a throbbing headache.  Oh-jeez

We didn't buy one......yet. We are bickering back & forth in regards to a 75" vs. 82". $850.00 vs. $1699.00. Same brand (Samsung). It's just that one is QLED and the other isn't. 

Is there a "Shopping For Large Flat Screen Tv's For Dummies", book?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I regard this much like choosing a laptop. You have to actually have to try them out to see which feels the best. Specs only get you so far.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
We are leaning towards buying one from Costco. They have a 90-day return policy, and we upgraded our account to get 2% cash back on purchases annually.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sort of on-topic ... ?

I hate buying technology products these days. It almost always turns out to be harder than it should, force me to learn a completely different way to do the same stuff and make me spend way more money than I wanted to, because of the 'technology roundabout'.

I experienced this (again) recently, when I added a new camera to my photog gear. The files it produces are around 20% larger than my other bodies, in itself a bit of a nuisance, but there seems to be something about the files that gives my pooter indigestion. I consequently had to jump onto the roundabout.

Turned out my photo processing software was struggling and/or messing with the files in some way. First step: update processing software.

My updated software, though the very same package I've been using for years, was significantly different to the old, with controls moved around, some missing altogether and some mysterious new ones added.

So now I'm forced to relearn my processing workflow and I'm struggling to get the same 'look' that I was happy with.

But wait, there's more! My pooter is now having trouble running the updated software, running slowly. Do I have to upgrade my hardware now? Aaaaagh!

I'm also finding that the files from the new camera, after processing, bung up Hotmail if I send them as attachments, so I might be forced to use a cloud service like Dropbox to transfer files, something I don't really want to do.

So just buying that bloody camera has resulted in a whole lot of work and extra expense, plus more headaches. I'm getting too old for this!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Bet you didn't picture you were getting that whole big mess.
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2020, 09:52 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Bet you didn't picture you were getting that whole big mess.

Boom tish!
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee a great weekend to y'all
Dave

OSCAR
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone in a large metero area tried Uber? justMongo 10 1,489 02-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.