Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large flat screen tv's.
RE: Large flat screen tv's.
(08-11-2020, 10:25 PM)StevesSp Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 09:37 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The voice sync comes in handy when you start using a separate audio source like a soundbar or home theater amp.  There can be delays that also vary depending on whether you stream from WiFi or Bluetooth, and I never have gotten Godzilla or old Bruce Lee films to sync.  Enjoy the confusion, it gets better as you grow older.

I was told, many years ago, that "everything gets harder when you get older".

Not true, unfortunately. Angry

I'm convinced that nothing gets any better as you get older. 

But yes, I know what you mean.  Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(08-07-2020, 03:44 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I know I'm old but viewing my 1080p versus my 4k with a 4k signal input makes no difference to my eyes.   I was waiting for that "WOW!" moment, that never came.   Does anyone remember the 3D TV's?  I guess they worked great if you had a third eye.

I have a Sony 3D tv. It was a fad and never will be popular. The glasses are annoying to wear. Now when they invent 3D like the Jaws in Back to the Future 2, maybe.
Sony stopped making firmware updates for our TV years ago and it still has problems. What apps it does have are no longer compatible with today's services. Netflix, Amazon just won't work anymore. I would just buy a huge "dumb" 4K monitor without the tuners or apps. I have an Amazon cube hooked up to the TV for content now so in effect, it is just a dumb monitor but only 1080p.

We have audio sync issues as well. I notice it the most when using Sling through the Cube. Never did with the Roku box but the Roku was painfully slow. My wife has the audio bluetoothed to her hearing aids and she has never noticed it. Must be one two nice aspects of wearing hearing aids. Built-in headphones and she can tune me out. Win win.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
The best that I can recommend to you is the LG OLED77C9PUA, it is one of the best 75' right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
We purchased a Vizio Sound Bar system. We haven't yet installed it, as we're still looking for a tv cabinet to place the tv on. 

We've looked at quite a few, but my wife is holding out for that one perfect one. Once we do get a stand, we'll then proceed to install the sound bar system. 

One of my least favorite things in life to do............is to go shopping for furniture with my wife.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone in a large metero area tried Uber? justMongo 10 1,470 02-12-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: justMongo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.