Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Machine Repair
CPAP Machine Repair

Greetings.

I have been using a Resmed S8 Escape CPAP machine for 12 years now.

I have 2 of these machines, they have been VERY reliable, as well as quiet and durable.

One of my machines has developed a problem with the on/off switch, it is hard to start, I must press very hard to activate the maching.

I am considering an attempt at repairing it myself, as I am experienced at small applience repair/diagnostics, but I need a 'plan B' in case I fail.

Does anyone have information or experience at repairing these machines? I want as much information as possible before I dissassemble the machine.

Any info will be helpful: r.cline7@yahoo.com

Thank you,

RCline7
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Machine Repair
(12-03-2015, 02:33 PM)RCline7 Wrote: Greetings.

I have been using a Resmed S8 Escape CPAP machine for 12 years now.
Hi RCline
The machine served you quite well for 12 years, time to look for a data capable (S8 Escape is not) new machine
For a piece of mind, important to evaluate how the treatment is working. A lots of things might occurred over the years, cannot tell without data
I wouldn't spend time and money repairing these machines, CPAP technology has come a long way
CPAP guide http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Supplier #2 is a popular source for new and gently used machines http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
They may accept the original prescription or you might need to get a new from your doctor, there're other people who can write CPAP script too

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
You really should get a newer machine.

However, if your set on trying a self repair on the switches, here's an old link on this forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid83022

And welcome.
Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RCline7 welcome to ApneaBoard where you'll get lots of helpful information and advice!

Good luck continuing your therapy!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RCline7,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with fixing your Machine and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a BRAND NEW S-8 Autoset II from supplier 2 for a really smoking price earlier this year. Still there ....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 91 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 629 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,743 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 368 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,294 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.