Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large leaks?
RE: Large leaks?
alaskazimm,
If you really don't want to use the chin strap, take a look at this Hybrid FFM. The RespCare Hybrid FFM. It's a combination Nasal Pillow/Mouth seal mask. Has a much smaller mouth area to seal. Also, has a chin flap, so no chin strap is needed. Available from Supplier #1 on list w/a trial return. Might want to take a look.
Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I'll give it a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2016, 04:01 PM)alaskazimm Wrote: Well, I'll be - my issue did seem to be mouth leaks. I wouldn't have thought it. Since the 16th when I got a chin strap in my large leaks have been way down. Last night was very good with 0.0% large leaks and an AHI of .24. I'm still not 100% used to the chin strap yet but I'm pleased with the results so far.

A very big thank you to all who took the time to help me out!

like That's great news! Thanks for posting the followup. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine and assuming I can believe what my DME told me -- it resets itself at 4am. If you have a high leak rate when you wake up or wake up because of high leak rate etc, you're only seeing the data from 4am on. You get the accurate number from their website MyAir.resmed.com. I was having high numbers on the machine but more accurate low numbers online - so I use the red smiley face as an alert to look into the details online
Post Reply Post Reply
@PTTP - /I/ assume your DME hasn't read the Clinician's Manual for the ResMed machine he sold you. Once you get into the clinician's setup menu (see the link at the top for CPAP Setup Manuals), you can change the time to your local time. From then on, your sleep day will reset at noon. Afternoon naps count toward your next night's sleep.

There are some CPAP machines which run on Greenwich Mean Time, but ResMed machines don't.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 37 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 240 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 141 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 155 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 499 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 162 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.