Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large leaks
I'm new to using SleepyHead and interested in using it for real analysis in pursuit of that mystical goal- the goods night sleep.  So here is my question today.  On a recent night, I had a large leak rate of 24%, but during the couple of hours when almost all of the major leakage occurred, I didn't have a single apnea event and my overall AHI was around 1.0.  Despite that good result, I felt very tired the next day. So have others found large leaks compromise the quality of sleep, regardless of apnea score ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Large leaks make apnea scoring unreliable.
So, the AHI score is GIGO (Garbage In, Garbage Out)
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaks and Mask Test mmdupas 11 271 03-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: thomashowe
  Leaks L/M harmon k 2 104 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Do large leaks affect AHI numbers? ppca 8 222 03-19-2017, 02:30 AM
Last Post: ppca
  Do I still meet the 4 hour a night compliance if my mask leaks? UKwildcatfan 4 168 03-18-2017, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  Mouth leaks getting worse, is FFM my only option? Hockenberry 10 838 03-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Leemax
  Need Help with Aiefir F20 Leaks Melman 9 240 03-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Last Post: car54
  Feedback on leaks/AHI gshock 6 261 02-26-2017, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Beej