Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I Need Help Understanding OSCAR Reports
I Need Help Understanding OSCAR Reports
I have used both OSCAR and Sleepyhead with a Phillips DreamStation CPAP machine for many years. I just got a new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto on 2-12-21 and I am trying to learn more about this new machine’s capabilities and get a better understanding of the OSCAR reports.

I have noticed on the OSCAR reports I am getting info/data on two different “mask pressures” in the overview report. One chart shows a flat rate of 2. The other shows a fluctuating rate of 0.32 to 2.0. What is the difference between these two graphs? Which is more important to monitor?

The same is also happening for the “pressure” in the overview report. One chart shows a flat rate of 0 to 25. The other shows a fluctuating peak pressure of 14.46 to 25.0. What is the difference between these two graphs? Which is more important to monitor?

I have also noticed in the OSCAR reports I am getting info/data for two different “AHI” for the exact same night in the overview report. One chart shows the AHI as 1.42. H 0.39. UA 0.13. OA 0.91. The other chart shows Peak AHI 8.0. 95% AHI 5.00. Median AHI 0.0. Min AHI 0.0. Which of these two reports are the most accurate for AHI? What is the difference between these two graphs? Which is more important to monitor?

The above data was all reported and based upon the night of 2-17-21

Thanks in advance for any information or tips you may have.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I Need Help Understanding OSCAR Reports
A picture is worth a thousand words, but I have a feeling you are comparing apples and oranges. First, show me the mask pressure you are looking at. As far as AHI, ignore the AHI chart that shows the rolling hourly AHI. The only one that counts is the whole night statistic. Show me a chart, I'll tell you what it means. If you want to do a deep dive into chart interpretation, read this http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,578 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 819 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 364 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett
  Understanding Sleep Study Centennial2 17 823 12-22-2023, 10:02 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question [Diagnosis] Help Understanding Sleep Study and Titration Test DGJ1014 9 583 12-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 691 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.