Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large leaks over last few days
Large leaks over last few days
Hi everyone,

I have started seeing large leaks over last few days. I cannot figure out why as I only wake up on leak alert and when I do it stops the alert as soon as I wake up and I don't see anything out of ordinary like huge air flows or my tape being overly wet. The data I have looks weird as pressure matches leak rate in incline and decline. I have ran mask fit and nothing seems off, tried to test it with different positions and nothing seems off. My charts are showing grey areas in flow rate where they didn't before over few years. Only thing I can think of is I used to be more consistent on 4-6 epap now 5ish\6 - 8 Although checking my history, i used those settings before and never a large leak like this.

Thoughts are appreciated, thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Large leaks over last few days
Since you're using the P series of masks, I would suspect it is time to replace the pillows. I use the P10 and that is a prime indicator that the pillows are wearing out. I don't know if the pillow material is getting harder, thus failing to conform to your anatomy, or it is getting too soft to maintain its shape. Trying a pillow replacement before jacking around with your settings would be the easiest to do too.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have lots of unopened pillows and it was a relatively new one but I can try a different one. The settings have been in same range for years give or take 1 to 2 pressure settings :/
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that you may be mouth breathing too. Any indicators of this? Like waking with a dry mouth?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had mouth tape on, although tape didn't slide and was well sealed over my mouth felt I had dry throat yeah :/ but why the slight change in pressure did so much :/
Post Reply Post Reply
Today I changed the mask entirely, and my god the leaks are largest I have ever seen them. I used Brevida today and I have to again say, I definitely did not wake up feeling there was excess air, nor was the tape I have over my mouth wet. I noticed another day of dry throat though. What I have changed since days leaks were lower is incline the bed just slightly and increase min epap from 4.60 to 5.6 and max from 7 to 8 (Which are settings before 6-8 was fine for me, went couple months to 4-6 then now trying 6-8 again but results are much different)

Also can someone help me understand my chart, what are the grey lines? My dilemma now is as follows. I don't feel so terrible but I also don't understand where the device is coming up with such huge leak numbers when I can't feel it

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a spare hose, try changing the hose. There can be leaks in the hose or the attachments that can cause steady, high leak levels.

Can you hear a leak anywhere?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-12-2022, 11:36 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: If you have a spare hose, try changing the hose. There can be leaks in the hose or the attachments that can cause steady, high leak levels.

Can you hear a leak anywhere?

I had a completely new hose that I replaced. I listened for leaks and there was no sound. Todays data shows I spent 15 minutes in large leak even though I did not wake up again hearing any large air noises and my mouth tape was still intact. At this point I am confused what is going on. It is like last 5 days i went from 0.0 -> 0.4 to above and from 0 leaks to consistently large leaks. Does data help explain what is going on?

Appreciate the help

Post Reply Post Reply
Any help? Here is another nights data. I am pretty sure I hear no air, no leaks nothing. This night it seems leaks were stable but get very high at certain times a night. Which means no real leaks but could it be a positional thing and why wouldn't I feel the air while i sleep. Also what are the grey lines, in my 2 years of treatment I havent seen them, what could have changed over night literally Sad

Post Reply Post Reply
Following as experiencing similar atm
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 119 Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 113 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 196 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 439 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 5 267 04-01-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 334 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 530 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.