Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large rise in AHI with replacement mask
Large rise in AHI with replacement mask
I just recently replaced the dreamwear nasal pillows mask and headgear. Since doing so, my AHI has increased drastically from a long term average of 1.9 to the high 6’s or worse. Also the leak rate has increased. The replacement is identical to what I was using before. If I change back to the old mask (Which is wearing out) the numbers go back to normal. I am sure I have assembled everything correctly and am using it properly as I have been using the cpap for over a year and a half. Any ideas what could be causing this?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Large rise in AHI with replacement mask
How high is the leak rate?  If too high, the machine loses it’s ability to accurately flag apneas.  
In other words, your AHI reading may be suspect.  

If you are not mouth breathing, and your sure it’s not the mask...

Download OSCAR, then post a screenshot of your daily charts here.  We can usually tell by looking at your graphs.

Follow the tutorials in my signature line.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I have to fix my laptop so I can post screenshots from Oscar. At the moment I am limited to what displays on the dreamstation screen and in the dreammapper app. The app is really lacking, but for example reported 89% mask fit yesterday and 96% today. Both nights using the new mask. I don’t think I am breathing through my mouth, But I can’t really tell in my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
This link may help you to be sure your new mask is fitted properly.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

If you are mouth breathing, I think you would notice a dry mouth.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,031 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 149 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 496 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 151 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.