Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Large unexplained gaps in SleepyHead reports
RE: Large unexplained gaps in SleepyHead reports
Those kind of results are hard to argue with, but I will. Your settings are 4.0 to 6.0 pressure which is extremely low, and then you have EPR set a 2. So your exhale pressure is always 4.0. I'm just amazed this works, but it does. So, I guess I'll consider it a lesson learned. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But why is it bad to have a constant exhale pressure of 4? I do not understand. 

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
Many people feel as though they are suffocating and not getting enough air when the pressure drops to 4 but every one is different glad your feeling better
Post Reply Post Reply
I am seeing similar gaps in my data as well.  But I'm not quite understanding the recommendations regarding smart start. In the previous posts one person says to make sure it's on, in case there's a power failure; but in another, someone says to make sure it's off.  Would I be correct in assuming what is meant is that I should have Smart Start turned on, but Smart Stop turned off? 

Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
On a resmed machine there is no separate smart start and stop.

If Smart Start is enabled then so is Smart Stop. If there is leaks or something that makes the machine think you have taken the mask off and you have smart start enabled then the machine will tur off and you will get a break in therapy until the machine detects your breathing again and restarts. That may be what’s happening to you. If you disable smart start and test for one night if you no longer get gaps in your flow charts then you can be sure that smart start is causing your therapy breaks, then you will need to decide what is best in your individual circumstances
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2018, 04:24 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: On a resmed machine there is no separate smart start and stop.

If Smart Start is enabled then so is Smart Stop. If there is leaks or something that makes the machine think you have taken the mask off and you have smart start enabled then the machine will tur off and you will get a break in therapy until the machine detects your breathing again and restarts. That may be what’s happening to you. If you disable smart start and test for one night if you no longer get gaps in your flow charts then you can be sure that smart start is causing your therapy breaks, then you will need to decide what is best in your individual circumstances

That strange on the dreamstation they are two different settings. One for auto start and one for auto off. Mine is set to start when I put on mask but to stop it I must press the button.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, SmartStart is turned off on my machine, so my gaps remain a mystery. 

(I think the AirMini might have separate controls for autostart and auto stop, no?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm starting to see some gaps in data but in my case it's the pressure waveforms. so far I've seen it mostly at the beginning of a sleep session but also sometimes at the end. it occurs intermittently with no apparent pattern yet discernable. when it occurs, the pressure graph starts about 30-40 seconds after all other traces start and/or stops about 30-40 seconds before the others. early stop sometimes occurs for same session as late start but just as often it's just one end of the session or the other.

looking further, I see that the leak rate trace for at least one sleep session ended early at the same time that the pressure trace ended early.

don't know why smartstart would affect only certain graphs but fwiw it's on. I depend on auto on and never use auto off.

another unusual thing: the session start and stop times of a nap for which I had forgotten to replace the sd card is listed twice in daily/events (but not in daily/details/session information). as expected, there's no detailed data (graphs) for this nap.

I've read that there are known bugs in SH but I haven't noticed these things before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you’ve figured this all out but....I know you said that your mask was on your face but wondering how you know that. I wonder if it could be that you are removing your mask and then, when you have an event, wake up and get it back into position before you’re fully awake (and not remember it). Also, generally the machines are auto-off when they detect no resistance. It seems that what you describe would be what would happen if you were removing your mask. Or, as someone mentioned earlier, that your low pressures + a high EPR are so low that it’s resulting in the machine “thinking” you are no longer wearing the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Reports Omitted Some ResMed Sleep Sessions RTolley 2 77 03-17-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: RTolley
  Generating reports for doctor TechieHippie 5 348 02-19-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  OSCAR Reports do not appear to have O2 and Pulse Data SKPC 5 535 12-31-2023, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Gaps (NoPressure, No Respiration) w/new AutoSense 10 - Help pls Stearman478cc 10 1,355 11-27-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 994 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
Question O2 Insight Pro - Where/How are Sleep Reports/Data Stored? DavidEsp 9 973 04-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Sudden, erroneous, invariant, on-screen (VAuto) reports of AHI 2SleepBetta 0 572 09-18-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.