Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Larrypac [Therapy Thread]
RE: pressure
I reset the view to standard and am attaching the screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You'll want to present the following charts unless someone has asked for others. It'll show the most useful info.

Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Flow Limits
Leaks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried getting use to the Cpap by using it while watching tv or reading? 2 minutes of use is not enough to get information.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2021, 10:02 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: These are the charts I should have posted

You'll want to present the following charts unless someone has asked for others. It'll show the most useful info.

Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Flow Limits
Leaks

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, well it looks to me like Min pressure 8 with EPR 3 will help, as Sleeprider's suggested. You have both Obstructive Apnea and Hypopnea events to deal with. This needs more starting pressure. And with higher EPR at 3, it'll not feel much more pressure. And you need to try extending therapy time.

Have you tried getting used to PAP while sitting and reading or watching TV?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using it every night, average about 45 minutes when I either start to drop off and get woken up with leakage, or give up so I can get some sleep, however interrupted by apnea.  I think I will try starting at 8, with 10 or 11 as a max and any increase when I fall asleep will not be as dramatic as a higher maximum.  And I can increase the maximum slowly.  As for using it watching TV, I doubt that will help me adapt more than using it in bed for 45 minutes.  I also have been using it when i nap for 14 minutes after lunch, though I have not been able to sleep.  Usually, I can drop off in a minute or two for the nap. LP
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW your Max pressure achieved was 12.7 in this recent chart so you may be OK with Max 12. The PAP only goes there if it must to attack events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2021, 12:16 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: So it had to raise the pressure for an event but it woke me up in the process.  The thing I have been trying to say with this thread is that if I can't fall and stay asleep with the CPAP, it is not going to do me any good.  However, I do appreciate your input (and everyone else's) and I'm not being sarcastic.  

FWIW your Max pressure achieved was 12.7 in this recent chart so you may be OK with Max 12. The PAP only goes there if it must to attack events.
Post Reply Post Reply
After my last post, i saw the therapist for a fitting of a nose mask.  More comfortable but even with a chin strap my mouth opened and air leaked out so I went back to full face mask.  Last night I slept with the mask on for about 3 hours, waking up three times, each after an hour of sleep.  Looks like I had a bunch of events in the 3rd hour.  I have been raising the upper pressure bit by bit and it looks like I still need more.  Therapist told me not to listen to the likes of you on this (or any other) forum, but I can't talk to her 24/7 so i'm posting latest data for comments.

Post Reply Post Reply
interpreting data
My pulmonary therapist told me not to listen to advice from internet forums but she did not respond to a request to discuss the results of the CPAP therapy so I am posting the latest data here and would welcome any comments.  After 3 weeks of not being able to use the machine for more than an hour or two per night, I've gotten up to 4-6 hours so i'm getting comfortable with the machine.  I am especially curious about the Cheyne Stokes numbers.  They have been as high as 22%.  Also, last night I woke up to a leaking mask with the pressure at 15.8 and it did not drop even tough I was breathing normally.  I turned machine off and back on and it went back down to starting pressure.  All comments are welcome.  Thanks, Larry

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 963 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.