Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Larrypac [Therapy Thread]
RE: Larrypac [Therapy Thread]
I just posted on the collar thread that I tried the Releaf collar and my airway was collapsing on inhalation.  I don't think I am tucking my chin, since I make a point of tilting my head back when falling asleep, though it's possible that it happens after I fall asleep.  Could I be tilting my head too far back?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure you should have to make an effort to purposely tilt your head back.
A properly fitted collar should keep your head/neck aligned without you putting your head in an uncomfortable position.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
when I tried the collar, I just tried to let it work
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2022, 09:26 AM)Larrypac Wrote: Here is the data from last three nights.  Last night I took a benedryl and slept better but not according the the AHI.  Input is welcome.  LP

would anyone like to chime in with suggestions about my settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Until the probable Positional Apnea is fixed, in my opinion it's not a great idea to edit settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the collar for most of the night last noght and the results look good though it is too small of a sample to be definitive.  Posting data beowl and would welcome any suggestions about settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hugh difference. Let's hold with that and see if this is a trend.

Your sleep seems a little fragmented. I guess the question is how do you feel today?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had insomnia for many years and got into a habit of waking every 2 hrs to pee because of prostate issues which hopefully have been remedied.  The sleepiness affects me mostly in the afternoon or anytime I get in a car.  Kind of like being 3 years old again.  I'm driving 50 miles RT this afternoon so that will be a good test.  I'm not even sure one night of better sleep will change much, but fingers crossed.  LP
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely an improvement! Stay where you're at right now, and give it a few days or a week, see how you're feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
Had a zoom meeting with respiratory FNP a few days ago.  He suggested upping max pressure to 15 and trying Trazadone.  First night with higher pressure (15), but no Trazadone, I did not even hit 14, while I've been pinned to 14 for periods  several nights before.  Tried 25 mg of Trazadone last night and while I still woke up 3 times, I only flagged 4 events in 6 hours and did not even hit 11.  Hopefully this starts a trend.  LP

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 4 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,364 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.