Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last 6 months overview suggestions
Last 6 months overview suggestions
Last 6 months overview any suggestions & comments welcomed .

Thanks

[Image: zRrcy8l.png]
[Image: QQeVPd9.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last 6 months overview suggestions
The AHI looks pretty good.

It looks to me like figuring out how to stop leaks might be helpful. What do you find works? Are you happy with the mask type and brand you are using?

Are the night time awakenings bothering you?

And most importantly, how do you feel?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Beej.

I use FX Swift and P 10 - pillows mostly and FX Nasal sometimes.

Bad leak nights seem to be when my stuffy nose is at it's worst. I'm mainly a right side sleeper and just about every morning when I get up my right nostril is blocked. I've tried a few sprays Atrovent Forte at the moment . The only sprays that seem to work are the ones that can only be used for a few days. I might give the humidifier a try again and see if that helps.

The night time awakenings are caused by either my nose or something on my mind. As I am retired I don't have too many worries.

My general feeling is good on most days, bar the occasional hangover.
Post Reply Post Reply
Using nasal steroid sprays may work if you use them consistently for about 2 weeks.
If you have allergies, antihistamines help by blocking the histamine from causing symptoms. This, too, may take a couple of weeks of consistent use.
Many sinus sufferers have found that regular saline rinsing of the nose can be very helpful in reducing any irritants and clearing some congestion.
Do check with your medical provider to see what s/he recommends for your situation.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,654 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Complex Sleep Apnea? Suggestions? Unkikonki 55 2,933 03-08-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 488 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 675 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.