Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions
Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions
Thanks to input from Gideon (and others) in this forum, I have been very pleased with my therapy and for the most part, have reduced my AHI to less than 1 for the past month.  I'm using a small nasal pillow for best results with a chin strap to eliminate my mouth opening when in deep sleep.  My focus this month is to keep my AHI in a normal range, while improving my comfort while sleeping.  I started reducing pressure two nights ago to 13 and again last night to 12.2 (from 14). I also reduced my EPR from 3 to 2 last night to control CA's.  My results at 13 were great and the first five hours of sleep last night were also great, but things changed dramatically after five hours of sleep when I got up to use the bathroom. I've included the graphs from each of these sessions.  First a full night at 13, Next, the first five hours of last night's sleep and finally the last three hours.   I noticed that I am having increased #CAs after a bathroom break during the night and just before the end of the sleep in morning. I am thinking these CAs are not valid as I am awake in these periods.  Is that true?   I'd appreciate your expert opinions before trying the same settings tonight.

Cheers, David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions
IF you are absolutely, positively 100% CERTAIN that you were awake during the last session, then the centrals don't count because we are dealing with SLEEP apnea; if not sleeping, not relevant. Most people have periods of not breathing when they are awake. Think of reading a suspenseful book, concentrating on a project, watching a suspenseful movie. That said, you recorded a lot of centrals -- whether or not you were awake. If it were me, I would show that to my sleep doc ( or better yet, a pulmonologist) and ask for feedback. There is a machine called ASV specifically designed to treat centrals, though I doubt it is appropriate given that you were not asleep.

Hopefully Gideon or another expert will come along with a better answer. I'm just a garden variety user.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last Night - Two Very Different Sessions
Thanks for responding to my question Clownbell!  If I wasn't fully awake for the second session I posted, I certainly wasn't in a deep sleep as I can remember changing positions and checking the time on my watch several times.  In addition, I repeated the same settings on my CPAP machine last night, with very similar results (attached below).  Once again, the first six and half hours of my sleep showed excellent results with AHI about 1 and the last three and half hours, after getting up to use the bathroom, showed poor results with AHI over 9, reducing my total score to about 3.  I'm still hoping Gideon will chime in, especially with two nights of similar data now.  I'd like to know if I should change machine settings, or nasal pillow mask size further??

Thanks, David

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are most of my sleep sessions exactly 1 hr? AussieBobJ 1 321 01-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] O2 ring - multiple sessions during the night larrykay 1 661 07-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 922 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Machine not showing proper hours in sleep report. Sessions show major disruption cloudberry 15 3,979 07-09-2022, 10:16 PM
Last Post: cloudberry
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,129 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,038 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.