Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last Question.....WIFI
Last Question.....WIFI
Hi Guys,

My machine has the wifi icon and its on and working, I didn't set any info on it or connect it to my wifi. It's just ON.

Who is receiving this info, I cant find any info on this.

Thanks Again.

Marc.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last Question.....WIFI
Typically your DME, the ResMed MyAir App, and maybe your Dr. will receive data.  

The MyAir app will not change settings, but users have posted that their settings were remotely changed, presumably by their DME.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 03:54 PM)Matzaball2016 Wrote: Hi Guys,

My machine has the wifi icon and its on and working, I didn't set any info on it  or connect it to my wifi. It's just ON.

Who is receiving this info, I cant find any info on this.

It's not WIFI - its a cell phone connection.  Not the same thing.

The information goes to Resmed and they store it on their servers.  You can access some of it through the "MyAir" web site.  Resmed lets your sleep therapist access more detail, but you can see even more from the SD card and your home computer using SleepyHead.

You can also get SD cards that have a built in wifi access point so you can read it from your own computer without removing the card from the machine.  There are several threads about this.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the answers.

So the phone connection sends the info to Resmed to check up on you and also being compliant? I had a buddy lose his and start all over because he didnt use it enough.

I like the idea of the SD card being wifi so I can use sleepyhead without taking out the card . Nice Feature.

Once Resmed gets the info I assume they send it on to my Insurance company and my Primary Doctor to make sure it's being used 70% of the time.

Awesome stuff.

Would you mind telling me what card you bought that was wifi to send data to sleepyhead?

Once again thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the 16GB Toshiba FlashAir card and a program called FlashPap that can find a link for the download here:https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

I bought my card on Ebay for $25 including shipping. They are available from Amazon but the price is usually higher.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to disable it, you can turn Airplane Mode on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2017, 05:14 PM)Matzaball2016 Wrote: Thanks for the answers.

So the phone connection sends the info to Resmed to check up on you and also being compliant? I had a buddy lose his and start all over because he didnt use it enough.

I like the idea of the SD card being wifi so I can use sleepyhead without taking out the card . Nice Feature.

Once Resmed gets the info I assume they send it on to my Insurance company and my Primary Doctor  to make sure it's being used 70% of the time.

Awesome stuff.

Would you mind telling me what card you bought that was wifi to send data to sleepyhead?

Once again thanks for the help.

Thanks Thanks

No, Resmed doesn't check up on you, but if your sleep doc/equipment supplier has an account with Resmed, they may monitor the output.  I'd ask them if they do this, could be a convenient way for them to advise you if you have concerns.  I have the same machine, and my sleep doc just looks at the data on the SD card at my annual appointment.  There's no interface with the insurance company, either, except when supplies (masks, filters, etc) are ordered, but that's just the supplier asking if I'm compliant.

I also have a Toshiba FlashAir card installed and working to transfer the data to my laptop for use in Sleepyhead and Rescan.  Very convenient.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for the answers.

My buddy was not compliant in the first 90days and had to return the unit. How did they know this??

Someone was monitoring it. lol

Resmed sent him a letter saying this. Hmm...interesting

Huh Huh Huh
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone using a wifi dongle with Transcend 3? nathanoj 0 350 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
  DS2 wifi? KSMike 2 537 03-04-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Resmed Airsense 11 autoset machine SD card and WIFI Tekno1 15 3,215 01-03-2023, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Tekno1
  WiFi Enabled SD Memory Card Nightynite 8 2,446 01-11-2022, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  resmed airsense 10 wifi kerm007 34 16,024 03-17-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Connect to DreamStation over Wifi? JRoque 8 7,641 08-25-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.