Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last night data. Feeling exhausted and down.
Sad 
Last night data. Feeling exhausted and down.
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can take a look at this screenshot from last night and see if anything pops out. I'm nearly 3 months in to CPAP therapy, and the general trend has been moving upwards with regard to fatigue (not as bad as when I started but still tired most days) however I feel utterly exhausted today. Took a rare day off work despite having gotten better at working with fatigue this past year. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing. Dreamstation 2 machine. Full face mask worn with a neckbrace. Am I expecting too much? Does this just take a long time? Sleep doc says I'm doing everything right. She even said she trusts me to set my own pressure. Feeling a bit disheartened (yeah, depression is a part of this). I'm doing light therapy and my diet is clean. About 20lb overweight. Eat plenty of 'live' food. Exercise daily (finally). 

Any comments/analysis greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last night data. Feeling exhausted and down.
I'm not one of the true experts here, but it looks pretty good to me. Maybe just a down day?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that you have your Flex set to 3. Since this is a DreamStation, I have heard that this isn't a preferred setting. You may wish to set it to a Flex of 2. Unlike the Resmed EPR option, the Flex option isn't as straight forward. Your tiredness could be caused from mini arousals.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I’m not even sure they’re mini arousals. I’m constantly waking up through the second half of the night. I seem to get 3-4 solid hours then very spotty sleep. I think this is stopping me from recuperating fully. I’ll change the flex. Can you direct me to info as to why the flex can cause arousals?

Yeah I think maybe allergies aren’t helping. I’m not much of a sufferer but my nervous system seem balanced on a knife edge.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2022, 01:02 PM)dalderson66 Wrote: Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone can take a look at this screenshot from last night and see if anything pops out. I'm nearly 3 months in to CPAP therapy, and the general trend has been moving upwards with regard to fatigue (not as bad as when I started but still tired most days) however I feel utterly exhausted today. Took a rare day off work despite having gotten better at working with fatigue this past year. Just wondering if there's something I'm missing. Dreamstation 2 machine. Full face mask worn with a neckbrace. Am I expecting too much? Does this just take a long time? Sleep doc says I'm doing everything right. She even said she trusts me to set my own pressure. Feeling a bit disheartened (yeah, depression is a part of this). I'm doing light therapy and my diet is clean. About 20lb overweight. Eat plenty of 'live' food. Exercise daily (finally). 

Any comments/analysis greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think your missing the most important chart ( flow limit). The needed info on you chart for people to help you is what’s missing. I made that mistake also, then I read what I really needed to post in order to get help. Then bam! I got all sorts of help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check out the "Events" tab. It gives the number of seconds for each event you were not breathing.
Maybe check out your timings in the tab, it may explain why you feel pretty tired.

I had a period when I was totally exhausted but had a low AHI. As an example, just 5 obstructive events, each for a considerable time - between 45 and 50secs. Not breathing! This was for a sleep period of about 5 hours. Simple arithmetic with an AHI of just 1. Looks good really, but in fact not so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks I’ll check it out
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there another name for this? There isn’t a glue limit graph option. Just flow rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you mean 'flow limit'... the DreamStation reports flow limitations as events with no duration and only a present/absent value, so it's not possible to create a graph of values, as is done for ResMed machines.

As I am a ResMed user, I am not sure what data to look at to resolve your problems.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 1 76 7 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 145 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 259 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 326 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 308 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 807 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 548 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.