Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last night not a good night
Last night not a good night
I had a really bad night last night  I was not able to fall asleep my p10 mask was bother me as I kept hearing noise no idea if it was  because I had my mouth open and it made unusual noise. I had water in humidifier my machine did not indicate that  something was wrong with the mask I originally wanted to sleep on my stomach as I never tried this  I was not comfortable so I decided to sleep on my sides  my events per hour was 3.2 never had it this high and hours per sleep was 5 . I duf not have quality of sleep because I kept tossing looking at the machine. and that noise  the when  I opened  my mouth the mask made noise and it bothered me . I have no clue what happened last night maybe I was not able to sleep and this is all related  why would my events per hour be in the 3 if I did not really sleep well. I was tossing too much. I don't have leaks. Can there be somthing wrong with my tubing  I am going to call my vendor on Monday. I hope there is nothing wrong as this is brsnd new machine and mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last night not a good night
The fact your machine or MyAir did not report excess leaks does not mean significant leaks, disruptive to your sleep did not occur. It sounds like there is a problem, but until you start using the detailed data from #Sleepyhead it will be hard to know. It would help if you updated your profile to show the model of machine you use (CPAP, Elite or Autoset), and the pressure and mask information. For mask troubleshooting, read the Mask Primer linked in my signature.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2017, 08:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The fact your machine or MyAir did not report excess leaks does not mean significant leaks, disruptive to your sleep did not occur.  It sounds like there is a problem, but until you start using the detailed data from [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] it will be hard to know.  It would help if you updated your profile to show the model of machine you use (CPAP, Elite or Autoset), and the pressure and mask information.  For mask troubleshooting, read the Mask Primer linked in my signature.

I have resmed air sense 10 for her and the resmed air fait p10 mask  I don't have a computer I use my iPad so I can't download data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2017, 10:13 AM)Novello1234 Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 08:39 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The fact your machine or MyAir did not report excess leaks does not mean significant leaks, disruptive to your sleep did not occur.  It sounds like there is a problem, but until you start using the detailed data from [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] it will be hard to know.  It would help if you updated your profile to show the model of machine you use (CPAP, Elite or Autoset), and the pressure and mask information.  For mask troubleshooting, read the Mask Primer linked in my signature.

I have resmed air sense 10 for her and the resmed air fait p10 mask  I don't have a computer I use my iPad so I can't download data.  My pressure is 7
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it this morning for a few minutes and I did not here the noise like last night but I closed my mouth  do I always have to close my mouth maybe at the beginning I do but that should not be the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
While using a nasal style mask, whenever your mouth is open, you are defeating the corrective actions of your machine. When your mouth is open you are releasing the positive pressure that prevents your apnea. There are ways to train your mouth to stay shut, the tongue suck method, put your tongue against the back of your teeth and the roof of your mouth and suck, this takes practice, chin straps and even some members tape their mouths shut. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2017, 11:02 AM)silversnore Wrote: While using a nasal style mask, whenever your mouth is open, you are defeating the corrective actions of your machine.  When your mouth is open you are releasing the positive pressure that prevents your apnea.  There are ways to train your mouth to stay shut, the tongue suck method, put your tongue against the back of your teeth and the roof of your mouth and suck, this takes practice, chin straps and even some members tape their mouths shut.  Good luck
Ok thank you maybe that is what was happening last night and because I could not fall asleep easily I was made to aware if the noise with mouth opened. Problem is that I always wear a mouth guard for my grinding. Do I always have to have my mouth closed the whole night.  I am now wondering my mouth opened most if the time made the events per hour higher when I hit the machine I did not wear mouth guard and then two weeks ago I noticed a change. Perhaps when I wear mouth guard I feel I need to open my mouth I also wonder if my pressure is high enough. I am going to see my sleep doctor in a few weeks so he can review the results that I had in my second sleep study for titration.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your mouth has to be closed, with your mouth open you are not getting treatment, needs to be closed all the time, same thing as not putting mask on at all
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Novello1234,

Not having access to a computer is and will continue to be a hinderence to your treatment. Is there any way you can access a computer via a family member, friend or a public library? If so you can make much better progress in your treatment. Another option might be to obtain a used computer from someone you know and can trust. If any of these avenues is open to you that should be a top priority for you. You apparently do have internet access which is a necessary part of the equation.

If access to a computer is absolutely not an option for you then work on eliminating your mouth breathing as noted in a previous post and also continue reading on the forum, asking questions, answering questions and soaking up information. With this you can discretely make small changes in your pressure and giving each change a few days to register. Keep on participating in the forum and working on your issues, you will eventually crack this nut and reap the benefits. Keep us posted!

Best regards,

Stan
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-25-2017, 10:14 AM)Novello1234 Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 10:13 AM)Novello1234 Wrote:

I have resmed air sense 10 for her and the resmed air fait p10 mask  I don't have a computer I use my iPad so I can't download data.  My pressure is 7

On the lower right front of the machine is the model "CPAP", "Elite" or "Autoset".  All of them are Airsense 10 by Resmed, but each is different. 

To get more detailed data for your machine, enter the clinical menu by pushing the control knob and home button at the same time.  Scroll down until you see Essentials.  If Essentials is set to ON, change it to PLUS and enter the change by pushing the control knob, then exit the clinical menu.  With Essentials Plus you will get much more detail on-screen about the AHI, leaks and other information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 111 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 156 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  First Night Looking for advise wjg1 4 144 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 144 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 615 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,067 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.