Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Last night was my first as a hose head
Last night was my first as a hose head
Hi All
After a drawn out process finally received my Resmed S10 Auto & F20 mask yesterday.
Tests had indicated i was 65AHI & obviously severe apnea being the verdict. Received a script which indicated trial found a pressure of 12 seemed right for me. 
Anyway, i didn’t purchase my machine off them ( $2300 quoted) & instead purchased online from CpapVictoria for $1599 for the whole package. ( pretty good deal i reckon) Nib hopefully coughing up $800 also Smile
Well i set up machine. Was set up at the pressure of 12 by supplier, 5 minute ramp ( i go to sleep pretty quick). Humidifier was set by supplier also & seemed fine.
Well i managed to get 4.5hours sleep ( a gap of about 1 hour for a number 1 & a drink ).
No leaks , mask felt ok considering first night. Machine said 7AHI result which i believe should be able to get a lower result. However i feel pretty good today , so overall happy for being first go. 
( Machine hasn’t sent result to myair yet though & has 2 bars of 4g?) 
Snork!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Last night was my first as a hose head
Results get uploaded to MyAir after about an hour of inactivity on the machine, so you do need to be patient. However, all that information is also available right away on the lcd screen of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, but i reckon i have been pretty patient considering its been 7 hours .  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!  :-)

By all means take a look at MyAir but you'll rapidly find that it doesn't tell you much useful information.
I deleted my account after a couple of days of receiving "attaboys" and no useful data.

If you want to get help getting the BEST POSSIBLE results from your machine, use the SDcard if you have one (buy one if you haven't got one).
That will let you download really detailed information that MyAir and your doctors can't even see.

Download OSCAR and read the faqs on the best way to set up the graphs and upload the images and you'll be all set to get excellent help and advice from the forum.
The important faqs are underneath my message in my "sig".  Check out the first three.

P.S. don't get the latest SDcards you need to get older simpler versions.
There are three main types in the SD memory card family. SD, SD High Capacity (SDHC™), and SD Extended Capacity (SDXC™).
According to Resmed, only the "SD" type works.... but according to folks on the forum, SDHC also works. Avoid SDXC.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started this month with the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset, and ResMed AirFit F20.  That stupid myAir thing is soooo annoying.  It takes forever to upload and doesn't tell you hardly anything useful.  And as another member pointed out, the email notifications are ridiculous.  Give me a break, "You have earned a whatever badge..."  Not to mention that the "Scores" make absolutely no sense.

I suggest you do what was recommended to me, down load OSCAR.

TONS of USEFUL information and it is the program that produces the charts/graphs that this board prefers for helping you.

Best of Luck!!!!!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi snorka,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
good luck with your CPAP therapy.
Itsounds like you are off to a good start.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Snorka!
You will find a great deal of useful info here, as well as some very kind and knowledgable users.
Best of luck on your journey....
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome aboard. Plenty of Aussies here that can help with the ins and outs of the Med system down under.

You will be surprised at the amount of info we can help you glean from the OSCAR daily data, as opposed to the very basic summary data you can see with MyAir.
One night, your first night is where you want to start.
Also post FULL copies of your Sleep Studies. The summaries often leave out important info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Bonjour. I don’t think Oscar will work on my ipad or iphone?
Cheers
Snork
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar works on Windows PC, Apple Mac and many versions of Linux. Because of the very significant internal differences there is no IOS version, and probably won't be for quite a while.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 642 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.