Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Laugh for the day, RESMED FBI STRUCK
RE: Laugh for the day, RESMED FBI STRUCK
Maybe all of us S9 users should email ResMed customer service about their lack of professionalism or better yet email the president of ResMed about the less than professional attitude taken by his customer service division.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Who _IS_ this DME who apparently ratted you out to ResMed for taking responsibility for your own health??

Not to be too suspicious, but how can we be sure they really were the ResMed Polizei? That is, what if it was just somebody at this unfortunate DME who was pretending to be from ResMed?

But it's possible I suppose - my "local" DME has stopped carrying ResMed masks, and in this DME's defense (you will may never hear something like this again from me about DME's...) I'm really not terribly unhappy with this DME - other than them not being able to get parts to refresh my Old Reliable Mirage Quattro - they were apologetic about it, and even suggested a couple of online suppliers as an alternative. I'm not sure about ResMed's relationship with DME's, in other words.

Calling the ResMed help line to find alternative local DME's was a less-than-super experience, and became a further incentive to call Supplier #1 for some supplies - which reminds me I need to do that again pretty soon now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 09:30 PM)APAAW Wrote: Who _IS_ this DME who apparently ratted you out to ResMed for taking responsibility for your own health??

Not to be too suspicious, but how can we be sure they really were the ResMed Polizei? That is, what if it was just somebody at this unfortunate DME who was pretending to be from ResMed?

That actually sounds very likely. The possibility of an equipment manufacturer actually calling an end user to whine about medical data that the user is actually legally entitled to see, seems to be really, really low.

If there's caller ID, it would be interesting to see who's number it is.

Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe instead we should email Resmed president and thank him for making the software available AND promise to keep buying their machines (only) as long as it remains so.....

Or as I like to say: Honey, Carrot, Stick
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting a bit suspicious about the call.
If a big company thinks it's being infringed upon, they have their legal staff write a letter.

It does sound like some dimwit at the DME impersonated RESMED.
(This may be a felony.)
DMEs feel threatened by any attempt to take away the power they THINK they have.
In my opinion and experience, the average DME tech failed Mickey-Dee's training and ended up at a DME.

You can change DMEs. I certainly would.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just keep in mind that at least 50% of all professionals, including doctors and clinicians, graduated in the bottom half of their training class.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good one Marnid!

Thanks for sharing..
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
First, whenever anyone calls you like this, Tell them you're recording the call for quality purposes. Get their name, title and their direct phone number. Then find out who at the DME told you this. Get a name and phone number. Don't discuss anything until they give both to you. Call them back to verify who you're actually talking to.

Ask them if they've heard of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act or HIPAA.

Be sure to use the full title as well as the abbreviation. Big words impress small minds.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-28-2014, 06:00 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Just keep in mind that at least 50% of all professionals, including doctors and clinicians, graduated in the bottom half of their training class.

Thus proving Apnea Board members know the definition of the Median.
While the DME thinks a median separates a divided highway.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I called them about a technical support issue, but I told them I needed some information, and began with "I have the software". then the conversation went from there. The DME had told them evidently so they knew people were using the software.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well the sleep apnea curse has struck . Chang 15 1,042 05-15-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  needed a laugh this morning so .... Mark Douglas 4 2,735 04-19-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.