Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson.
Humidifier: Philips Dreamstation.
CPAP Pressure: 7.0
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Lawnmower advice........
(08-30-2016 07:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Both my husband and I are 71 and we have about 1.3 acres to mow with many bushes and trees to mow around. A riding mower plus a walk behind mower is essential and then it takes us 4+ hrs to finish mowing. Hubby took the walk behind mower to the dealership and told him that Toro needs to get their s*** together. Dealer said he would fix it and maybe even do some metal work so that a guard can be placed around the choke lever to protect it from being bumped. Turns out, dealership has done a number of repairs to other mowers like ours.

We have a Simplicity riding mower that is good (so far). The Simplicity's predecessor was also a Simplicity and we had that one for 16 years with two minor repairs my husband did himself.

Sounds like the dealer gives good customer service.. Cool
08-30-2016 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(08-30-2016 07:56 PM)Ockrocket Wrote:  
(08-30-2016 07:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Both my husband and I are 71 and we have about 1.3 acres to mow with many bushes and trees to mow around. A riding mower plus a walk behind mower is essential and then it takes us 4+ hrs to finish mowing. Hubby took the walk behind mower to the dealership and told him that Toro needs to get their s*** together. Dealer said he would fix it and maybe even do some metal work so that a guard can be placed around the choke lever to protect it from being bumped. Turns out, dealership has done a number of repairs to other mowers like ours.

We have a Simplicity riding mower that is good (so far). The Simplicity's predecessor was also a Simplicity and we had that one for 16 years with two minor repairs my husband did himself.

Sounds like the dealer gives good customer service.. Cool

Indeed he does. It is a locally owned, not big box store and folks have bought mowers from that dealership for years and years. I got the impression he was not happy to have to be repairing yet ANOTHER 'Toro' mower. Oh-jeez
08-30-2016 08:08 PM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Sex: Male

(08-30-2016 07:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  Dealer said he would fix it and maybe even do some metal work so that a guard can be placed around the choke lever to protect it from being bumped.

I can't tell you how many times I have run that mower up against the Brazilian pepper trees and it has knocked the choke lever or going the other way, idling down the throttle. With the blade running, it stalls the motor. Impossible to get going again. Pull cord... So I have to take off the spark plug and let it air out for 15 minutes. Sometimes the break is welcome but most of the time I just want to get the darn lawn done.

Are there any decent battery powered mowers? One where I don't have to buy 2 batteries to get 1/2 acre done? They don't have to be self-propelled.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
08-31-2016 10:11 AM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Money Financial advice I wouldn't pay for DeepBreathing 3 119 12-06-2016 06:01 AM
Last Post: Perchas
  advice on updating Win 7 storywizard 7 202 10-13-2016 11:09 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Flower Advice Please justMongo 6 856 08-12-2015 11:31 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  Sage advice... retired_guy 6 1,025 03-18-2015 02:41 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
Question Advice on Digital TV - help! SuperSleeper 5 1,438 04-12-2013 02:00 PM
Last Post: rickz1