Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak Question
Leak Question
Okay, I know I am confused about some things to do with the software but I cannot understand this and am hopeful someone can explain this to me.

In my data, it says that my leak rate for the last time I slept is 0.0 for median and 95% but for maximum it is 132

I am confused!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak Question
Sounds like you took the mask off, causing a leak for a few seconds, but not long enough to affect the other numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine probably ran briefly after you took off your mask. Sometimes that shows up as a spike in your leak graph, but sometimes it doesn't show up at all. If it ran like that for less than 5% of the time, it won't affect your 95% leak data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just look at your graph and you should see a sharp spike to 132 at some point. Depending on where it is on your graph should give you a clue what happened. Most likely, either when you first put it on before bed time or when taking it off in the morning. If spike in the middle of the night, you may have knocked the mask loose but with that amount of leak, I would think it would have woke you up.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2013, 10:55 AM)bwexler Wrote: Sounds like you took the mask off, causing a leak for a few seconds, but not long enough to affect the other numbers.

I will make sure that I will turn the machine off before I remove my mask and see if that makes a difference. I don't remember if I turn it off first before I remove my mask or not; I do know that I turn the machine on before I put my mask on as I was told to do by the sleep tech.

Thanks for your reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to look at the graphs and see where the spike occurred.
I put my mask on and allow the auto on feature to start my machine when I breath into the mask while I adjust it on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2013, 11:17 AM)bwexler Wrote: You need to look at the graphs and see where the spike occurred.
I put my mask on and allow the auto on feature to start my machine when I breath into the mask while I adjust it on my face.

there were about 5 spikes if I remember correctly
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 11 1 hour ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 149 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.