Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leak Rate Waveform
Leak Rate Waveform
Hello the forum. Thanks for all the support.

I am confused concerning my leak rate waveform. See included screen shot.
I would understand the lower line indicates the current leak rate. Makes sense.
The upper line I am understanding would indicate the ACCUMULATED leak
volume. But it starts out high. I would expect it to start at zero and slowly rise!
Obviously I am misunderstanding what this line represents.

Best help, Stan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leak Rate Waveform
Total leaks includes the air flow through the mask vents. You can turn it off under "Preferences" under "File" at the top. Click on the "Waveforms" tab.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note that, for PRS1, the CPAP and BiPAP models only report the total leak, and OSCAR is estimating the unintentional leak from that. I have no idea how accurate that estimate is.

The ASV and S/T and AVAPS ventilators all report the unintentional leak as well as the total leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2020, 08:11 PM)sawinglogz Wrote: Note that, for PRS1, the CPAP and BiPAP models only report the total leak, and OSCAR is estimating the unintentional leak from that. I have no idea how accurate that estimate is.

The ASV and S/T and AVAPS ventilators all report the unintentional leak as well as the total leak.
we will need to flag that as an OSCAR calc vs a vendor calc before 1.2.0
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed. That's one of many of attributes of channels that we'll want to add. (Another being whether the channel is an average interval that should be drawn as a square wave plot vs. continuous data that should be a linear graph. This varies by manufacturer.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 107 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Flow Rate and Mask pressure missing BuzzaJim 9 527 01-30-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Feature Request] Flow Rate graph to Audio File? omonoiatis9 1 548 05-05-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
Question OSCAR Oximetry Pulse Rate Events - In Excessive Amounts (?) DavidEsp 4 860 02-17-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Leak Data Export herenthere 3 523 02-11-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: herenthere
  pulse rate changes = 0 ovmeadows 0 317 02-01-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ovmeadows

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.